[tb] Scrim debrief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [tb] Scrim debrief

Good rounds, all. I had a lot of fun, even though I was getting frustrated at not being able to shoot anything. Too much stress for my hand to remain steady!

Anyway, I've opened this topic so we can all provide input on what we learned from the scrim, so we can improve for the future.

Here's some points I noticed off the top of my head...
    1. Especially with 12 people in a team, we need to keep comms REALLY concise. Calling out where the enemy isn't just adds clutter to the comms. Don't call out friendly deaths. It shows up right there on the screen, and we should all know who's where. Don't call out enemy positions that you know just because you see radar dots. The rest of your team probably knows them already.
    2. We should all know this one, but it always seems really hard to follow: Don't move around on defense! If you want to use teamwork, the best thing you can do is SIT STILL. We don't need you to wander over and look around the corner, that's what your teammate is positioned to do. If you die, and you've been out for a stroll, your death tells us nothing. If you die and you've been patiently waiting where you're supposed to be, we know if we need to watch a different direction or reinforce an area.
    3. Kinda the same as point 2, but have patience. Pick your pixel, watch it, when it changes colour, shoot it.
    3. Keep eyes on the planted bomb! :P

Anyone else have any observations?

[Spartan 9]

Re: [tb] Scrim debrief

The only thing I can think to add... Be sure you know the uniforms and can tell the difference between friend and foe.

Oh.. and one for Drona: Throw the nade OVER the wall, at the enemy.. not at your feet! :icon_lol:

Great rounds everyone!

sigpic

Comment

Corners. Check them. It wasn't very frequent but I saw in spec a couple times players falling back from an assault and failing to check the their corners as they moved, sometimes missing an enemy that moved in to trap them.

If I could explain on the dots calling, I know all the players can see the spy plane, but when I was calling dots last night my priority had been to call dots on the escape map that were out of most players field of view to give an accurate picture of the other team's movement. I can try to not do that next time, or cut down the length of those call outs, depends on who wants what.

I don't want to beat this to death, but keep your eyes on the bomb.

Other than that things went well, I think the comms were superb overall.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I was freezing my butt off at t-ball thinking about being warm and playing the scrim. What were the overall final scores?

Comment

I am sure that the folks that have the Screen shoots will post them up but the First map was jungle and we went 7-4 second was Villia 7-1. Great rounds everyone! I am glad I got to work all the reserves in lastnight. Skinny I wish would have stuck around I would have got you in brother. I am sorry I missed you on the sign up. ALL watch the forums for open sign up for all future scrims. I will start working out the details soon. GREAT JOB GUYS!

Also as for what we learned: With 12 folks a full on frontal assault works really well on Jungle and Villia even with a small choke point.

Comment

It was good matches..they almost came back on us on the first map and at the beginning, they only had 6 players to our 12...! We found that we were killing the same player in the same spot, which goes to show that they follow their directions. The only thing that sucked was getting killed 6 times with one of their newb tubes to blind shots, but it was very effective, because they kept getting us..or where they figured we would be.

Remember to follow in a "blind" nade toss..if you see someone that is fine, but if you are just hoping for a kill, you better be right behind that thing..otherwise, save it until you know you can make it count.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
              Remember to follow in a "blind" nade toss..if you see someone that is fine, but if you are just hoping for a kill, you better be right behind that thing..otherwise, save it until you know you can make it count.
              On offense we needed to use our nades a little more. When they were on D there was a guy almost completely hidden from view standing right on the bomb. about 7 out of 10 times i bet i could have dropped a nade right on him from behind the buildings (9 out of 10 if i had a little practice at it). I don't consider that blind nade tossing when i'm shooting for a specific area that he's been the last two rounds. On jungle offense, a nade needed to go on the bomb, far back by the explosive barrel and around the corner of the far left hut. Then smokes and a rush to our offensive "defensive" positions. smoke clears we take out the rest of the key defensive positions..and boom!, bomb site secured. I think in a practice those kind of maneuvers, at full speed, would be wonderful to run through multiple times. Make it look like a swat team or special ops attacking an objective instead of going one by one for the sake of going slow. We do a lot of strategizing, positioning, and honing on defense..however our offense ends up being a dribble into the area, instead of shock and awe. You notice once we did push, nade and flash we ran them over. When we went at a drastically slower pace, it ended up being a trickle of deaths to the same defender.

Comment

Good idea Po. We should definitely start practicing maneuvers like that.

I also think we should start working on flanking/reinforcing techniques. Granted, we didn't have too much of a problem in the most recent scrim but, they are definitely getting better and we should step up our game as well.

Maybe we should have a dedicated squad that will always be in the scrims and then set up a private forums where we can discuss the more technical aspects of strats and tactics?

sigpic

Comment

Po, I absolutely agree with the shock and awe method. I think it's a great tactic for overwhelming an enemy. The problem is that it's seen as run and gun by many, and we may catch some flack for using it. After the scrim we played some capture the flag with them and they were complaining that it wasn't "tactical". I mentioned that any game type can be played tactically, but some folks just weren't buying it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Let them moan. As Drona said when they complained about us blind nading on that one Jungle bravo push, "Its not blind nading, we followed every one of those nades in with a full squad."

EDIT:

Also a little observation of mine on the "blind nading" concept. Tick 3:06. Replace the hand signals with verbal callouts. How would that be blind nading? That's basically what so many of our shock and awe attacks have been in terms of nade throws.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Can I get someone to PM me or post the screen shoots up?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X