Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Interested in TB vs TG Scrim inside please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Interested in TB vs TG Scrim inside please!

Ok guys I have been talking with the folks from TB. They really enjoy playing with us and are very interested in the idea of scriming with us on a regular bases. So much so they offered a Weekly scrim. This would be everyone just show up and play with the set of rules from before and on random maps. I am not sure how that will work as far as making sure everyone had the proper load outs but would be fun none the less. My question is what do you guys think? Would there be enough intrest in playing to do it weekly or Bi-Weekly?

IMO I think once a month would be better to start with. This gives you time to get everyone together for kit assignments and test the kits. The down side is some forget with there being 4 weeks between scrims.

This is your chance to voice your thoughts. Post up!

Re: All Interested in TB vs TG Scrim inside please!

I would love weeklies with them, but as you pointed out, weeklies would be very difficult to manage kit-wise. I would say the best choice right now is bi-weekly or monthly, to give both groups more time to get sign-ups and discuss kits and strats.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

That would be awesome. But i'd rather have it bi-weekly rather then weekly or monthly.
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

I would play weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.. doesn't much matter to me, one way or the other.

As far as the restrictions go, get rid of them. That would solve that problem. Personally, I don't see that restricting the kits adds all that much to the game play but, it adds to the headache of setting up the scrim.

sigpic

Comment

Bi-weekly, and I agree with Mindkill about removing the restrictions.
          If there are some perks or whatever that they're just dead set against, that's fine. but it's a bit too micromanaged right now.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Ok well I expected more from this thread. We can play with just 5 but that will be no fun.

Here is what I have asked for.
            1)We drop most of the rules and use the standard rules that they use on their server now. It is pretty much the same as ours except defense is not allowed in spawn till 1:15 left on the timer. (These may go away as well.)

2)We would only allow 2 or 3 203s per team.

3)Killstreaks would be: Spy plane, Counter Spy plan, And Artillary.

4)We would do it Bi-weekly (Rotating between our server and their server)

5)All timers would remain the same as the last 2 scrims.

What do yall think?

Comment

Since I rarely flank through enemy spawn or use a n00b t00b, I have no problem with those rules.

As for the lackluster response.. I have felt the same way Sledge. For some reason, a good majority of our community ignores the forums and the wealth of information they provide. Perhaps we should start requiring a sign-up in order for a player to be included in any scrim/Capt's Match/etc. ie. If you don't sign up, you don't get to play.

p.s. I have a hard time believing anyone that says that they have no time to check the forums. It takes a whopping 5 seconds to check for new posts and just a few minutes to read any new posts. If a persons life is so frantic that they can't spare 5-10 minutes a day to check the forums, how do you have any time to game? /rant

**edit**

For the kills streaks, I don't have much issue.. but if they really want to be tactical and promote team play.. how about getting rid of the arty and go with the SR-71? Make the players get their own kills.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                As for the lackluster response.. I have felt the same way Sledge. For some reason, a good majority of our community ignores the forums and the wealth of information they provide. Perhaps we should start requiring a sign-up in order for a player to be included in any scrim/Capt's Match/etc. ie. If you don't sign up, you don't get to play.

p.s. I have a hard time believing anyone that says that they have no time to check the forums. It takes a whopping 5 seconds to check for new posts and just a few minutes to read any new posts. If a persons life is so frantic that they can't spare 5-10 minutes a day to check the forums, how do you have any time to game? /rant
                ^ This.

I had this problem with my players when I was a squad leader in a tournament back in the group I played DoD Source with. Saying you don't have time to check the forums is straight bull. If you have time to check your e-mail, facebook, twitter, youtube subs, and so on during the day; then you definitely have time to check the forums. We had to take a hardline stance against those who don't check the forum, and for the most part it worked. It might be heavy handed to some, but it deters people from just cruising in last minute and expecting a guarantee to play.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Well this will for sure be a forum Sign up when it kicks off.

Comment

I'm very interested in participating in this and strongly agree regarding the signup list.

Comment

EVERY WEEK..!!!!

I will play and whip them guys by myself! LOL..!

Comment

Im up for it!
                        |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Wow! Posted on 4-4 and less than 24 hours later worried that no one has responded! Geez ...

Anyway, I'm in! Weekly is fine, just set the night. Between the 10-15 regular players we can certainly put up at least 6-8 on a weekly basis.

Sign up list is good and then open to first come, first serve 5 minutes prior to the match.

Rules? Agreed - get ride of all of the kit restrictions. Why can't we have 8 guys all sneaky and quiet (Ghost Pro)?

Kill streaks and 203's can easily be adjusted just prior to the match.

Let me know the night, I will check this thread to see when and expect it to be posted within 12 hours! (ROFL)
                          |TG-88th| SkinnySpike

Comment

I'll be in for anything I can make

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plato

Comment

Yep, i'm down for anything. I don't see weeklies being too hard to organize if we know the same night every night is scrim night, get the signup thread out the day after the last one. I'll play whenever you guys want me.

Rules-I agree with mindkill, seems micro managed. though i can see the limiting of noob tubes so it doesn't end up being one of THOSE kind of rounds (it appears they used them way more than us anyways). But again, i never play them so it doesn't really effect me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X