Mod Tools in May

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Tools in May

Somewhat official confirmation of tools releasing in May. If I find more info I'll post it up.

http://twitter.com/pcdev
    http://twitter.com/jd_2020

Re: Mod Tools in May

I can't see it here at work but its about time if they do.

Comment

I am glad to finally be getting some news of the mod tools from those two worthless human beings (pcdev and jd2020) but, I still have one major reservation. I am betting that they do release MOD tools in May. I am also betting that the MOD tools will not be MAP tools. ie. You will be able to modify the game but, not make new maps. I sincerely hope that I am wrong about this and that industrious fans of the game will be able to create a multitude of maps. But, looking at the history of Black Ops, I see dollar signs spinning around in A˘tivi$ions eyes and them not wanting to give up a single penny of potential (undeserved) profit.

Again, I hope I am wrong and that I am just being my usually pessimistic self... but, I got a bad feeling.

sigpic

Comment

While I've been trying to be optimistic, I can't help but agree with MK. However, I can't help but be glad considering I didn't expect the mod tools until late this year, so this comes as a pleasant surprise to me.

Now that I think about it, has anyone straight up asked the Treyarch devs the question, "Yes or No: Will the mod tools for PC include a map editor?"

EDIT: I just tweeted the above question to JD_2020 and PCdev. If I get an answer I'll be sure to share it.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

You just got a link to his twitter page. Go ask him :)

I've been pessimistic that we'd even get mod tools ever since launch, but I'm really getting my hopes up now!

The timing of this announcement makes it look to me like they waited until after the map pack's been out a couple of weeks so that they could gauge sales on that, then make a decision on mod tools. If they were just doing scripting tools without map tools, then (a), the tools would be out already because they'd have nothing to do with the map pack, or (b) the tools would be of such limited use that there's be no point at all in putting in the effort to polish them and make them publicly available.

I'm open to being proven wrong. I just hope I'm right.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
            I see dollar signs spinning around in A˘tivi$ions eyes and them not wanting to give up a single penny of potential (undeserved) profit.
            Yeah why release map tools where people can get maps for free instead of making a few then selling them for 15 bucks each. Logically that makes no sense because they know people are going to buy them
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I ain't holdin' my breath..but I do have my fingers crossed! :)

Comment

I have my legs crossed.....
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ohh THATS why that weird smell disapered.. sorry, i couldnt resist.

Ontopic, i think that there is alot of potential for some sweet maps and awesome gameplay if we were able to make our own maps. With BO's dual attachment feature and a few others like jammer, you could have some intense S&D action.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

I'm intrigued. Explain how.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      I have my legs crossed.....
                      All girls are suppose to cross their legs. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                        I'm intrigued. Explain how.
                        Mmk. For example...say its a fairly close quarter map with lots of buildings..you're going to want a sub machine gun most likely. So you grab one, and normally ill run a red dot. Now in COD4 that would have been it, but in BO i can run a silencer. That way i can engage silently and with realtive accuracy..id also run that jammer thing because naturally, people clay the heck out of buildings and it genuinely pisses me off. In COD4 i could use the perk to show clays but id still have to quick trip and run or find a seperate path. In BO i can just tip toe past, and really its not that unrealistic considering clays are remote or trip wire operated..if someone sees the wire they walk over it.

C'mon balfa use your imagination! Thermal sights are super handy seeing through smoke which before was a real pain in the rear to see through. However thats a double edged sword. If the offense throws a smoke and the D has thermals, the offense is going to have to use cover effectively in coordination with the smoke. On the flipside, if the O throws a smoke and they also have thermals. They might be able to see the D attempting to get a better line of sight.

I can go on a while longer but im on the iphone and my thumbs hurt!
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X