Issue with vsync and need assistance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with vsync and need assistance

I have gone into the config file and also the config_mp file and changed both of the options for vsync to "0" so it will not sync every frame and limit me to 60fps. However this setting does not keep and I have to change it in the settings everytime I load the game. It's holding the "0" setting in both config files and I have the config_mp set to read only.

Any ideas on this?
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: Issue with vsync and need assistance

No thoughts, seems like it should work.
    |TG-88th| SkinnySpike

Comment

Whats wrong with limiting it to 60FPS? 60 is a nice smooth rate without wasting resources and power.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Wish I could help ya out Med, but I run with V-Sync on. Party to save on power and resources but, mostly because if I leave it off and run over 100fps, I get some pretty bad screen tearing.

sigpic

Comment

hmmmm.... that's a new one? are you using stock Nvidia drivers? I just had a wierd thought....humor me, Is your dirt 2 steering setup thingy plugged in when you play BLOPS?
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes Ven I keep my steering plugged in at all times. Let me try unplugging it and see what happens.
            "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."

The Mediator

Comment

Originally posted by Mediator View Post
              Yes Ven I keep my steering plugged in at all times. Let me try unplugging it and see what happens.
              Had no effect on it. I'm going to research why I have no device settings in my nVidia control panel and take it from there.

The Mediator

Comment

OMG! I figured out what the issue was and it was totally operator error. In fact I'm not going to tell you what it was.....

Okay so I'll tell on myself. I installed a new SSD drive here a while back and I'm running BO on this new drive. Well the shortcut I copied to my desktop to have quick access to my config file was still pointing to the old drive. Any changes I was making wasn't doing squat to the correc config file.

All is good for Mediator now - I can go back to enjoying my cookies and milk!

The Mediator

Comment

Heh :D

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse