No Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound

Out of nowhere my in-game sound has stopped working. It works outside the game and oddly enough, I can hear team chat (in-game), but no in-game sounds. Any ideas?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

That happened to me about for times in a week someone maybe in february. I think snd_restart is the console command to fix it, but it hasn't happened since for me and I'm not sure what the permanent fix was.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Also, restart your pc if you haven't yet :)
      And try a system restore if you can.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: No Sound

I tried restarting the game and rebooting the system, but no change.

I don't know if I'm set-up to do a system restore. If not, which file has my player stats? Prior to this I was considering reloading Win7 for some housecleaning reasons.
        |TG|Melee

Comment

Did you try that console command? When I said system respite, I meant just that little thing where windows rolls back all the drivers and stuff to the moment before the last significant change was made. If you're saying it was working fine and now it's not, that works be a good place to turn.

Sorry, I don't know about the stats. I think they might all be server side.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Oh, forgot to mention I haven't had a chance to try the console command since I'm at work. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know how they pan out.
            |TG|Melee

Comment

Well, I tried it without success. I may just reinstall the game, but I'm concerned about losing my stats. Can anyone confirm whether they are stored in the cloud or on the machine? If on my PC, do you know the file to preserve?

Thanks!
              |TG|Melee

Comment

The stats are stored on online servers.

The stats are saved on the online servers. There would be no way to back up the stats information onto an external hard drive. If your stats have been reset, then the stats would need to be progressed through normally in the game again.

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

sigpic

Comment

I always back up my profile even though stats are stored on the servers. Your config file is not stored on the server and if you have made any changes to it in order for the game to run smoother you might want to save this location

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\Players

Where "D" respresents the drive you have your game installed on. In most cases it will be C. Back up one directory and you will see a folder called "main" and this contains your screenshots and videos if you care about those.
                  "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                  "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Everything is working now. His settings were settings the wrong device.
                    |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Originally posted by badbest321 View Post
                      Everything is working now. His settings were settings the wrong device.
                      Yeah, I don't know how it got changed in the first place, but it's all good now.

Thanks for the help.
                      |TG|Melee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse