Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ven's Toy

just got it Friday and finally hit the range with my daughter

The groups shot are from my 13 yr old daughter at 50 yds., I will be doing a barrel shroud and possibly some other mods in the near future
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Ven's Toy

I know next to nothing about guns but, that thing looks pretty cool.

sigpic

Comment

That looks like airsoft to me :)
      But I know nothing about guns, too :)
      I didn't think airsoft could be that accurate at 50 yards, though :/

[Spartan 9]

Comment

It's a a S&W M&P 15-22. It's a plastic bodied AR style rifle chambered for .22LR. I've got one too. It's great to go plinking with, since .22LR is so cheap. But I wouldn't be so quick to add a barrel shroud or modify it. I mean, the entire upper and lower receivers are made of plastic, including the ring that attaches the barrel to the upper receiver. The more weight you put on the end of the barrel, the more that plastic is going to flex - not to the point of breakage but I think it may result in stray shots.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
          It's a a S&W M&P 15-22. It's a plastic bodied AR style rifle chambered for .22LR. I've got one too. It's great to go plinking with, since .22LR is so cheap. But I wouldn't be so quick to add a barrel shroud or modify it. I mean, the entire upper and lower receivers are made of plastic, including the ring that attaches the barrel to the upper receiver. The more weight you put on the end of the barrel, the more that plastic is going to flex - not to the point of breakage but I think it may result in stray shots.
          I plan on getting an aluminum forearm and floating it, takes all that out of the equation. already dismantled the trigger mechanism to start polishing it up for a nicer trigger pull....the trigger creep is horrid from the factory. with a little tweaking this thing should easily be able to hold dime size groups fairly easily at 50 yds.....squirrels and rabbits in my area are going to hate this thing.

at the end of the day it's the same as this:

but I can afford the ammo for this :)
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I don't think it's actually possible to free float a forearm on it. The barrel nut is not the standard one found on regular AR-15s. It sandwiches the forearm between the barrel and the receiver. You can get an adapter to allow for aftermarket forearms, but it's still being sandwiched and thus not free from the barrel.

Comment

I don't think it's actually possible to free float a forearm on it. The barrel nut is not the standard one found on regular AR-15s. It sandwiches the forearm between the barrel and the receiver. You can get an adapter to allow for aftermarket forearms, but it's still being sandwiched and thus not free from the barrel.
              hmmmm, the machinists on the S&W forums are doing them

Comment

Or maybe what they mean by free float is different than what I have in mind. Let us know how it turns out. I've left mine stock. But I would much prefer a nice aluminum forearm to the plastic, if there are no stability or plastic flexing issues.

Comment

I never had an S&W but I must have put 10 million CCI Stingers through my 10-22..! I think I had every style stock and every barrel ever made on that thing before it was finally retired.

Super cool lookin little toy Ven..! :)

Comment

Nice! I run a .22lr conversion on my M&P15, they are lots of fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

Or maybe what they mean by free float is different than what I have in mind. Let us know how it turns out. I've left mine stock. But I would much prefer a nice aluminum forearm to the plastic, if there are no stability or plastic flexing issues.
                      Did some homework on the S&W forums. In a nut shell you remove the barrel nut and stock forened, they make an adapter for like 25 bucks that then allows for free floating AR15 forends to be used. Check out this thread Sordavie

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...c-forearm.html

It's a fairly simple procedure, so far I adjusted the trigger creep(factory is horrid)
                      and also have ordered some 3.5 lb trigger springs(again factory is horrid)

Comment

Cool! I think I'll try and adjust the trigger on mine too, and I'll take a look at my forearm.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X