Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would make you want to play Server 2? (FEEDBACK REQUESTED)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would make you want to play Server 2? (FEEDBACK REQUESTED)

For the record, this is just me asking, not the CoD Admin staff.

I have found that I have much more fun when playing on server 2 with mostly TG community members and public guests that are looking for unranked play. I think that not worrying about rank or KDR, the game play focuses more on tactics. I also feel that if we were to spend a greater amount of time on the unranked server, we would draw more like minded players into Tactical Gamer.

So, what can be done to help you choose to play on server 2? Are there maps that you would like to see removed or added? How about game modes? A combination of map and game mode that just doesn't work? Maybe a killstreak or weapon that needs to be removed?

I want to hear your opinions! Not just the guys that are always posting, but rather, you guys that lurk around and don't say much. This is your community as well so, let your voice be heard!

/soapbox

sigpic

Re: What would make you want to play Server 2? (FEEDBACK REQUESTED)

Great topic.
    My $.02’s
    I would like to see a night of mixmode with the new map pack in the rotation; I bought them and have not played them. I know not everyone has the new maps, so is it possible to run them one night of the week?

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Comment

I think that Tuesday's were designated as DLC nights.

sigpic

Comment

I think we all WANT to play srvr 2....the problem is that with no exterior joiners(nonTG) that the server can and does die very quickly....how do we remedy that? I like the settings on it personally and CTF is EPIC on server 2. My personal fave game modes in order are
        1.Domination
        2. CTF
        the rest of the bomb style games just seem to blend together for me.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Im happy to play where the most TG players are.....so the server setting are fine for me

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Plato

Comment

In all honesty... I dont care about rank(Just having all my kits). I like server2, but I dont wana play 2v2/4v3. I like bigger games (especially when we have 90% tg ;D). Its just a matter of getting ranked up enough to have all my weapon slots/weapons set up the way I want. Thats the only reason behind prestige in my opinion.

-Crazy
            |TG| CrazySob
            sigpic
            Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

I, of course, play server 2 any chance I get. Every time I'm looking to play Black Ops, I join teamspeak and ask if people are willing to move to server 2. About half the time, it works.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I've got two parts to this.

First, Ven is right on. We aren't able to expand the player base on Server 2, mostly because the crushing majority of Black Ops players want to play on ranked servers so that they can keep leveling. On that note, when we do play server 2 its almost always all TG, and that's a good thing, but at the same time there is no turnover in players over the course of an evening. When a clump of players leave, few if any players come in to fill the empty space.

Second, and this is personal opinion. There is simply not enough difference to me at this point in time between an unranked server and a ranked server. If we had mod tools and custom maps, I'd be on Server 2 all the time. But we have neither of those. Yes I love playing in a teamwork conducive environment like a full TG server, but I simply can't justify playing on a server for all of my time that is in the end not much different from a ranked server settings-wise and doesn't give me experience/cod points. Again, if we had custom maps, or settings customization on the scale of openwarfare mod, my opinion would be very different.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I wish it was crouch only/S&D only. No moron R&G hunters with n00b tubes (that have not the slightest clue as to what "tactical" means) running through the map at the beginning of the round and raping you in the back 20 seconds into the game.

I am seriously considering putting up my own crouch server as there are MANY listed and they stay VERY full almost all of the time.

I guess I should say I wish it was just like the good old days on the COD4 servers that I will miss forever..

Comment

Sing it, sister birdie! Except the crouch only part (eww). Hey, tuesday wasn't crouch only, and you can't get more tactical than that :)

Although it would be interesting to see if we did put up a crouch only server, could we siphon off some of those players who, I imagine, would be quite tactically minded.

Yeah, I guess if I'm bring totally honest, I'd say that to get me to want to play on server 2 more, ideally server 2 would run the far superior cod 4 with far superior maps, and far superior game play.

Also, people keep talking about large amounts of players, and sustaining high player numbers all night long... I'd much rather play an hour of 4v4 slow & realistic s&d than a whole night of 8v8 run'n'gun chaos.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

crouch only good idea..../S&D only no way....S&D gets boring quick...there are only some many ways to get from a to b and once all are found, watch those lanes and the game is over. Good eye sight and fast reflexes, you can rule S&D on these small maps. CTF is fun and a stress reliever. Again I play for fun, we host a lot of games if you want the true realism bag…COD has been tried to be fit in that mold and has failed many times. Let’s play it with in its mold and slow it down…I play COD4 and BO on many crouch only servers and have a blast.. it can be done…

Still feel a little strange almost agreeing with Birdie….

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
                      George S. Patton

Comment

i agree with lancer. until there are mod tools and custom maps, there isnt enough of a difference that would make me want to switch over to server 1. On nights when 80% of the players on server 1 are TGers i dont see why we cant make more of an effort to slow the game down and make it more tactical. I see it all the time. after a scrim or a captains match, we usually head over to server 1 to play some rounds, and instead of continuing with the tactical game play of these scrims, its right back to the run and gun of server 1. Even when its 100% TGers.
                        |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

Red, you've played demolition in crouch only??? How did that work out, trying to get from your random and, no doubt, awesome spawn location to the bomb to defuse it in 30 seconds while crouching?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                            Red, you've played demolition in crouch only??? How did that work out, trying to get from your random and, no doubt, awesome spawn location to the bomb to defuse it in 30 seconds while crouching?

I agree not all game types are the best, and some should be left out....

George S. Patton

Comment

Also, if s&d only has so many lanes to watch, then it only has so many lanes to put a flashbang, concussion our smoke into, and then it's game on all over again.

I've never seen a problem with people continually camping the same location every time. I don't understand why other people do.
                              Sure, I've been killed a good few times on array by lancer or po standing on the jeep watching through the gap in the buildings, but I learned pretty quickly to smoke that area if I'm going that direction. That's not difficult.

Honestly... I promise... I have never ever felt like s&d was just repeating the same engagements in the same places against the same opponents.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X