X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ops Patch!

Call of Duty: Black Ops Update Released
    Product Update - Valve 17:34
    Updates to Call of Duty: Black Ops have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Added support for mods in preparation for the upcoming tools release.
    Addressed various MP & Zombie exploits.
    Improved memory utilization in MP.
    Improved DLC filter in server browser – you can now hide any servers running content you do not own.
    Corrected issue which sometimes required repurchase of emblems or clan tags on weapons.
    Address some cases in which player could not receive Zombie invites.
    Replaced RPG with Grim Reaper in Gun Game Wager Match.
    Fine-tuned napalm and bombing-run damage indoors.
    Prevented rare invulnerability issue.
    Demolition bombs can no longer explode and be defused at the same time.
    Spy plane now activates in One in the Chamber in all cases.
    The “Sprint Kills” challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.
    Addressed a rare issue where a hacked camera spike would not function properly if the hacker also had a camera spike that was destroyed.
    Recording a clip with the speed mode for 2 cameras set to .1 will no longer increase in speed when switching perspectives back and forth.
    Improvements to Zipline functionality when viewed in Theater mode.
    Settings from custom games are all cleared and no longer carry over from one custom match to another.
    Nova gas will now affect players that are standing over their tactical insertion.
    Hardcore players who kill another teammate in Second Chance now lose the proper amount of points.
    Calling in a Chopper Gunner immediately after getting shot down in a Gunship will no longer end the Chopper Gunner run prematurely.
    Note the bold! Thats all i read so far of it lol :)
    |TG|badbest321

::

Re: Black Ops Patch!

bump

good news indead
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

According to this post, and backed up by changes in the Treyarch wiki, the mod tools will be released as a BETA on Tuesday the 31st. As many have feared, it doesn't look like the map editor (Radiant) will be included.

Comment

Originally posted by pcdev's Twitter
        "As jd_2020 wrote in his forum post "The PC team is still investigating the potential release of Radiant."
        Yeah, meaning that Treyarch is talking about it during coffee breaks and Activision is jumping up and down screaming "no no no no no never no!"

And to think I thought I was done being screwed by developers when I stopped playing Day of Defeat Source. Wow was I ever wrong....

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
          As many have feared, it doesn't look like the map editor (Radiant) will be included.
          :(

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I think I may cry a bit...
            |TG| CrazySob
            sigpic
            Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

I just don't understand why we PC CoD players aren't going to get map tools. I mean, Activi$ion/Failarch are making money hand over fist off from the 360/PS3 players as reported in this article. The article also goes on to say that MW2 sold ~2 million copies less than Black Ops and a percentage of that can be attributed to the debacle that was no dedicated servers for PC gamers.

Granted, I am no business major but, wouldn't it make sense to appease the PC community by releasing the mapping tools, potentially generating some sort of good will that could translate into increased sales for the next title? Instead, it seems they are saying, "Bah, the PC community is too small of a chunk of our business to care about, let's crap on them and make them go away." I guess I just don't understand big business.

p.s. Sorry if this offends anyone or comes off as immature/disrespectful... I feel very strongly about the way the PC community (read as us) is being treated by the developer/publisher.

sigpic

Comment

Mind I think we all feel the same way about the matter.
                |TG| CrazySob
                sigpic
                Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

PCDev is saying "Mod tools beta is ready to go…but still working through some red tape. Trying to get it sorted ASAP. Thanks for being patient." as of 16 hours ago.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X