Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MW3 and dedicated servers.

http://www.pcgamer.com/?s=call+of+duty

I saw this a couple of days ago and wondered if anyone else caught it. sounds like IW will go back to the MW2 style of matchmaking. I don't know that its any surprise, Activision and the COD franchise seems to have their path to success down, and can't really blame them, as obvious as it is how they are treating a small minority of their hard core audience, the mass majority go along with it fine. In fact, i'm downloading the second map pack as i write this ;)

I'm definitely not interested in another MW2 though. I have been least satisfied with MW2 out of all of the Call of Duty titles. Looks like it cements BF3 as my game of the near future.

Re: MW3 and dedicated servers.

Most everyone knows my opinion concerning the business model Activision is following. I guess it would be in my blood pressures interest to leave it at that.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting they would go that way again. But I agree with the po, MW2 was a fail in my opinion and i regret my 50$ purchase. As for paying for the map packs, I think that's craziness, I paid for the first one in black ops, and I gotta say I regret my purchase once again. Its amazing how they can charge you 50$ then expect you to fork over 15$ for about 3 more maps. Gimme a break and just do it for free... No wonder people pirate stuff.

Comment

In added news. They laid out the details on what the upcoming Call of Duty Elite package will entail.

Activision have updated the official Call of Duty Elite FAQ to include a list of the free features included in the service. Call of Duty Elite is set to launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 on November 8, and will be backwards compatible with Call of Duty: Black Ops. You’ll find the list of free features below.

Elite’s free features will let you:
        • Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets
        • Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends
        • Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics
        • Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
        • Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more
        • Analyze your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which situations
        • Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
        • After you analyze your performance to your heart’s content – Customize your loadout – search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button
        • Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against – find people who make the game the most fun for you – TDM, Lakers’ fans, Weekend Warriors
        • Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition
        • Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
        • Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
        • Start tracking your Call of Duty career — everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

Activision say that more free features will be added as the service grows after launch. Premium features aren’t listed yet because “the service was designed to be deeply integrated with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and will not be demonstrable until we are closer to the launch of the game.” Activision promise full details “by the end of the summer.” They’re also keen to reinforce the fact that “Elite only adds to the Call of Duty experience … if you want to continue to play Call of Duty as you always have, you will still be able to do just that,” adding that “even haters can play for free.”
        We do know that subscribers will get access to a Call of Duty web TV show featuring “top Hollywood talent.” To get an inside look at the service, you can sign up to be part of the closed beta test now.

Comment

When I'm not wearing my tactical hat, I think that video games-as-a-sport is a cool concept. As such, I think it's good that Activision are embracing what unreal tournament managed a dozen years ago.

:D

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

If I buy this game it will be for campaign only....MW2 match making was huge fail on PC. Here's to hoping for a decent campaign length. BF3 here we come.

On that note I think it would be interesting to see how our current active COD roster would do in the BF genre....personally I think as a non vehicle infantry force we would be pretty damn good. :).....of course I love flying my choppers too.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I started PC gaming playing BF1942 Desert Combat Mod, and have over 1000 hours in BFV and BF2. I've also played my fair share of BC2. I always prefer infantry based combat, however i've had my time as pretty effective Tank whore as well ;) . I can't fly anything though..i just concentrate on shooting those helis down with tank shells. Nothing more satisfying! I think a lot of people have similar background. It'll just be like getting back on the bike!

Comment

Im definately gonna be picking up BF3. As for COD, dunno this time around. and the elite crap, doesnt sound like anything to wowsy. seems like they already have all those features ingame...
                |TG-6th|CorpDuty

Comment

I am and always will be a BF guy... I love to fly anything and prefer vehicles over a rifle any day (Especially if I am 2000 ft in the air and dropping bombs >:D...) Only reason I got into COD was because I needed something to do while waiting for BF3. I think the COD series is taking a serious turn for the worse on PC and am very curious to see how things will turn after MW3 fails... Im half tempted to say that for PC atleast it may be the last big COD title. There really isn't much farther that they can go with the series. I think they will evolve it into something else soon.

-Crazy
                  |TG| CrazySob
                  sigpic
                  Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Even after reading the feature list for the Elite service, I am struggling to find reasons to warrant even the consideration of purchasing it.

Comment

Regarding the OP, here's a link with a recent quoted comment from Robert Bowling on PC dedi support for MW3.

"I'd love to give you a firm answer on dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 3 but at this time we have not finalized multiplayer enough on any platform to make such confirmations. At this time, it remains undetermined but I hope to have an answer for our PC fans as soon as possible and long before our release date so that they can make an informed decision on MW3.
                      I will say that we have already debunked much of that article(Kotaku leak). I encourage fans not to get too focused on speculation and wait for official confirmation."

Comment

Modern Warfail singleplayer footage yesterday didnt look any better (graphically/gameplay) then how
                        COD4 looked. Its all the same crap different story. Copy and paste pretty much. Just like the new Halo...same old game,just new players. Atleast BF3 is something new and refreshing.
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                          Modern Warfail singleplayer footage yesterday didnt look any better (graphically/gameplay) then how
                          COD4 looked. Its all the same crap different story. Copy and paste pretty much. Just like the new Halo...same old game,just new players. Atleast BF3 is something new and refreshing.
                          I kinda agree with Joe here, if your not going to give me anything new and revolutionary at this point atleast give me updated graphics.
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X