Server 2 settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 settings

Here's the latest setup on server 2. Limiting respawns has helped improve Sabotage game play so for Tuesdays DLC night we're going to test Demolition with limited lives, as noted below. As always, comments are welcome.

Killstreaks - off

Dogs
    Chopper Gunner
    Blackhawk
    Gunship pilot

CTF

Show enemy carrier off
    Touch return of flag off
    3 round limit
    2 to win
    Flag respawns 20 seconds after a cap
    Flag returns itself after 20 seconds idle
    Wave respawn every 15 seconds
    12 minutes per round

Demolition

Lives per round is 20
    3 to win
    80 second bomb timer
    7 second plant
    7 second defuse
    4 minute round timer

Domination

1 round
    15 minute timer
    300 score limit
    15 second single player cap time
    Wave respawn every 15 seconds

Sabotage

Lives per round is 10
    2 to win
    60 second bomb timer
    7 second plant/defuse
    wave respawn every 15 seconds
    10 minute time limit

Search and Destroy

1 life
    7 to win
    80 second bomb timer
    7 second plant/defuse
    8 minute time limit

Re: Server 2 settings

Looks pretty good to me and I can't wait to try them out.

sigpic

Comment

Need to double the ready up time at start of maps, especially with limited lives being introduced for more game types. Otherwise people with slow machines who are slow losing the map will get left out for the whole map.

Also, I would recommend increasing the player and flag spawn timers :p

Other than that, pretty sweet :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Seeding!

sigpic

Comment

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I set the ready up and the team switch period to 30 seconds. Shouldn't be an issue to jack it up a bit more though.

Comment

wow, thats looking really... tempting.

oh hi, Im slow. What does it mean when you say "2 to win", "7 to win" etc? rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
              wow, thats looking really... tempting.

oh hi, Im slow. What does it mean when you say "2 to win", "7 to win" etc? rounds?
              You have to win 2 rounds out of 3 to win or 7 out of 13.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I think I am now sufficiently awake and sober to give an opinion on the new settings.

Overall, I really liked the gameplay with the new settings. The limited respawns on Demoltion forced a more cautious mentality in everyone's playstyle, even the couple of pubbies that joined us.

I also noticed that the addition of wave respawns in Domination tightened up that game mode and made it feel less "run-n-gunny" while not removing the feeling of urgency or the fast pace of the game.

My one problem with the new settings isn't actually a problem with the setting as much as it's about a new "tactic" that has resulted from the setting. The setting in question is the limited respawns on Sabotage. In theory, the limited respawns should have caused the players to slow down, be more careful and try not to die (as much). But, what has happened instead is one of two things (and at times, both):

1. Once the bomb carrier is killed and the bomb is neutral, everyone takes up positions around the bomb and snipes at anyone attempting to grab it instead of trying to retrieve the bomb and complete the primary objective.
                2. Players would stay on the very outer fringes of the battle, rarely going for the bomb or supporting their teams effort of acquiring and then planting the bomb and instead would work on removing as many lives as possible from the enemy team.

While killing the enemy is (pretty much) required to complete the objectives and is a realistic and real world tactic, I don't think that it should be the primary objective. Otherwise, we aren't really playing Sabotage... We are playing Team Death Match. Of course, this is all just my opinion based on playing one match of SAB.

Other than the problem with Sabotage, I had a blast. As I said, the limited respawns in Demoliton was fun and it makes me wonder if limited respawns could breathe some life into the Headquarters game mode. Unfortunately, I think the only way that HQ could be made "more TG" would be to remove lethal grenades (or the use of them) from HQ matches.

sigpic

Comment

I noticed that before the reworked settings.....don't know how to make demolition work with limited spawns. I used up all my spawns on that mode before anyone else because of the scenario Mk just gave....GRRRR
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Did you mean Sabotage instead of Demolition, Ven?

From what I saw, Demolition worked well with the limited respawns.

sigpic

Comment

Running straight for the bomb is suicide. Just like running straight for the flag in ctf is suicide. People camp around the flag in ctf, and have to be killed before the flag can be reached.
                      Seems like the only difference between the two modes is that in ctf there are two flags (or "bombs").

Another difference is that in ctf, the defenders get to camp a cramped spot at one end of the map, knowing their flanks are fairly secure. Objective campers in sabotage are usually trying to watch a spot nearer the middle of the map. Work with your team to locate and flank the enemy's position, then secure the bomb.

Also, take all this with a grain of salt, since I wasn't there :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

MK is on point ... however, I don't see it as a negative unless everyone is kill hunting.

I was playing and our team was coordinating and waiting until everyone was alive and had a chance to move back to where the bomb was located.

Coms were good but not great ... something that limited lives will certainly change. Coms are the key along with patience.

We will need to enforce one of the TG basics - play the objective. The settings and game mode require communication and team work.
                        |TG-88th| SkinnySpike

Comment

thats what I thought, but I guess that means that s&d is set to 13 rounds? cool with me. :)

Comment

When you limit the number of respawns on a game type it no longer allows people to join a round in progress, forcing them to sit it out, similar to S&D. Having that set up on 3 of the 5 game types we run makes for a long boring night for anyone with a slower machine because they don't get loaded in before the start of the first round. Also, Sabotage is not working entirely to plan with the limited lives. Sabotage will revert to unlimited lives but we'll keep the limit on Demolition for another week of testing. What are folks thoughts on the current 10 lives/player count?

Comment

Like I said, we could just lengthen the round start timer to account for people with slower loading times.

Almost all the comments I've heard on the limited lives on sabotage have been positive. Besides what mindkill mentioned above, which has been countered by two people, in what way was it not working out?

I'd recommend lowering the number of lives, though. That way, there's a much smaller difference between people who burn through them quickly and those that don't. Then people who are out early don't have to wait as long. Six lives would be interesting.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X