OpenWarfare Project needs devs for Black Ops version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenWarfare Project needs devs for Black Ops version

We've used the OpenWarfare Project mods on both our MW and WaW servers in the past. It's a great mod with lots of functionality. It's how we were able to relocate spawn points and bomb sites and a bunch of other stuff. It's in the beginning phases of being adapted to Black Ops and T3chnor, the dev, is putting together a team to do it. Check out this thread over at the OWP forum if you want to see where the mods at. Drop T3ch a pm if you have any coding or modding chops to contribute. I sent him one up but don't know if I'm in yet. Fingers crossed.

Re: OpenWarfare Project needs devs for Black Ops version

I reviewed the post and would like to assist. I have access to multiple SDKs and although I don't code on a regular basis, I know how to read it and have a team of 8 developers at work that code in VB, .NET, C#, and SQL. :-)

Do you have any reference points or sources for initial access and SDKs used?
    |TG-88th| SkinnySpike

Comment

Make that team work their lunch hour on OWP and if they don't like it, show em the door.

Here's a decent resource to start with. It relates to WaW but most is still applicable to BO: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index...uty_5:_Modding

They also have a BO section you should check out but there's not too much content on it yet.

The language, IIRC is called QuakeC. Someone told me it's a lot like C++.

Get the official mod tools downloaded through Steam in the library/tools area. First thing to do open the maiden run is to hit the Converter button. it takes a few minutes but gets all the assets ready.

The last patch plus the mod tools give you just about everything you need. Most all the files can be manipulated with either a text editor (.cfg .csv .gsc) or some facet of the mod tools. For working with images to import, I believe there's a dds plugin for PS users but if you can save images in .tga format (24 bit last time I checked) you're good to go.

The game engine uses compiled fast files (.ff) in conjunction with .iwd archives, which, in case of .iwds, if you change the extension to .zip can be unpacked, explored and hold a treasure trove of sounds and other stuff you can use in your mod, saving you from importing and converting something new. Take a look in the bo/main folder and there are a bunch of iw_01 through iw_xx files. Copy and unpack a few to get a sense of the organization. The compliled .ff files are in the BO/zone folder. Folks do use hex editors to pop these things but that's a violation of the eula. When we make a mod, a fast file for it is created. If there are images, they go in a corresponding .iwd file after conversion from say, .tga to .iwi.

The key folder is BO/raw. This is most of the the stuff we can add to and manipulate. So, during the construction phase, BO/raw and BO/mods/<mp_modname> are anologs. Find what you want to tweak in BO/raw/<whatever>, mess with it, run it throught the asset manager converter or FX editor if need be, then place it in the proper target sub directory within BO/mods/<mp_modname> that matches up with the original BO/raw/<whatever> folder it originally came from or belongs.

If new assests are to be added, they have to be included in and converted by Asset Manager and generally speaking, the resulting file is placed in the proper bo/raw/<subfolder> anolog within the mod. Some stuff will go in the .iwd though. Asset Manager is also where you can tweak a lot of component properties.

Effects like smoke, explosions, muzzle flashes, etc are manipulted with the FX editor.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Awesome! I'll start playing with it later this week. Looks like I might have some evening fun for vacation in a few weeks.
        |TG-88th| SkinnySpike

Comment

Great!! Please dont do any bandages or gun jams.....if u guys lub me you wont :D

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Finally we will get some useful smoke!
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed