been awhile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been awhile

hey guys, its michael, its been a pretty long time since ive posted on the forums but here i go :D.

couple weeks ago i tried hitting yall up on some black ops, but i noticed there were no servers,, it might of just been my connection but if not, what happend?

im pretty busy ive got baseball,,, the 8th grade.. (shoot me) and i do MMA now, (mixed-martial-arts)

and are any of yall getting mw3? or all resorting to bc2 bf3 and ro2?. its my birthday tomorrow and im looking forward to a few suggestions. anyway have a good one and be safe. it is 9-11 :(...

Hey micheal!

Well the BLOPS servers have died off lately but I believe they still have weekly scrims with another clan.

Well there is a bunch of us who are going to be playing BF3 and RO2. Those two games are probably where I'll be at in the next coming months. If you I would suggest a game I would suggest BF3 because in the alpha it was just beautiful, but I'm hearing a lot of good things from RO2 from the beta. I don't have personal exprience for RO2 because I'm not in the beta, Mindkill may be able to give you more info, so I cannot compare the two. Overall they are goof to be good games, if you want a cheaper game (price wise) an want to play in the next few days, get RO2, or you could wait a month and see how RO2 plays out and then compare it with BF3.

Overall welcome back Micheal!

-badbest321
    |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Re: been awhile

Heya Michael.

I've decided to go with Tripwire's Red Orchestra 2 over EA/DICE's Battlefield 3 for one major reason and many little reasons. The main reason: RO2 is going to be a PC exclusive game. Some of the bigger "little" reasons: Mod tools at launch, map tools at launch, free DLC from the developer and a premium game selling for $40. I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition (DDE) for an extra $5 for a spot in the beta and a few Day 1 unlocks.

So far, I have been pretty impressed by the beta and the responsiveness of the devs at Tripwire. They seem truly focused on us PC gamers and delivering a game that PC gamers want to play.

My opinion of RO2 and reasons you might want to purchase it:

- The graphics and sound are good. Not as new and shiny as BF3's Frostbite 2.0 engine, but good.
      - The maps I've played in the beta so far (8 infantry and combined arms, 1 tank map) are pretty well laid out and are gigantic compared to CoD.
      - If you want to win, Teamwork is required.
      - Gameplay is very immersive.
      - Realism is a major concern of the developers but doesn't get in the way of the gameplay.
      - Command structure built into the game: Commander/Squad Leader/ and fireteams with a FT leaders, Orders commo rose, and communication commo rose.
      - Actual In-Game VoIP with 3 channels: Team wide, Squad, and vehicle. In the beta, only team wide VoIP was advertised but, we got squad level VoIP working for the most part. I think that once the game goes live and all the debugging stuff is turned off (and players properly configure their microphones) the VoIP will work much better
      - Even with the debugging stuff "on", the game runs pretty smoothly and, mostly, crash free.
      - Servers are entirely configurable by the server owners/administrators
      - Tripwire has a proven record of fully supporting their titles with plenty of patches and bug fixes.

A few reasons you might not want to get RO2:

- Limited classes (you may end up having to play *gasp* as a bolt action wielding Rifleman)
      - It's another WWII game (way better than any other WWII FPS game I've played but, still a WWII game)
      - You like paying for maps, DLC, unlocks, etc.

I'm sure BF3 will be a great game and that it'll be fun to play. And I'll probably end up getting it at some point.. but not until it gets put in the bargain bin, or at least drops from $60.

In the end, it's up to you which game you will buy and play. As for me, I've chosen RO2 and Tripwire because they support me.. a PC gamer. Also, they aren't out to make a "CoD killer". They are out to make a great tactical PC game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
        I've decided to go with Tripwire's Red Orchestra 2 over EA/DICE's Battlefield 3
        Ooh, does that mean that, like me, you're not going to get bf3? Yay...i get uninterrupted RO2 access to mindkill!

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
          Yay...i get uninterrupted RO2 access to mindkill!
          Hey, get in line. ;)

Yeah Blops has pretty much died off now. Maybe if Treyarch had actually cared and pumped out mod tools with any kind of timeliness we could've stayed interested, but that just didn't happen. Personally I'm going to be playing BF3 and RO2. I like what I see of RO2 and enjoy the beta, and despite the bad rap people are trying to give BF3 for trying some new things I believe it will still be a huge and enjoyable title for TG.

Good to see you checking in though micheal.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
            Ooh, does that mean that, like me, you're not going to get bf3? Yay...i get uninterrupted RO2 access to mindkill!
            Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
            Hey, get in line. ;)
            I must admit that I'm a bit creeped out. And, curiously enough, aroused. ;)

I'll probably end up getting BF3 at some point, just not at release. I think RO2 and Tripwire are what I've been looking for for quite some time and I plan on devoting a good bit of time to them.

p.s. I'm listening to You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon right now. I know you probably don't care but I wanted to share.

sigpic

Comment

Hey Michael, there's a chance we may host an MW3 server when it launches so keep an eye out for news on that front. There will be forums set up for it in a couple of weeks.

RO2 is good fun and I'm sure BF3 will be a hoot. I like RO2 but if I could only by one game this fall, it would be BF3.

Whatever the title happens to be, you can't can't go wrong if you've got your TG brethren and sistren to game with.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                Hey Michael, there's a chance we may host an MW3 server when it launches so keep an eye out for news on that front. There will be forums set up for it in a couple of weeks.

RO2 is good fun and I'm sure BF3 will be a hoot. I like RO2 but if I could only by one game this fall, it would be BF3.

Whatever the title happens to be, you can't can't go wrong if you've got your TG brethren and sistren to game with.
                you've got that right, so it looks like im going to try and get both bf3 and ro2, because modern warfare is getting boring and sameole sameole,,, thats for all the suggestions, much appreciated look foward to play with yall again.

Comment

Not a prob, anytime!
                  |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Good to hear from you Michael. The TG BLOPs servers have been overrun with tumbleweeds, and most of the time if people are on they are out pub raiding. And trust me after not playing BLOPs for at least a month now, I've lost my twitch. I will not be buying MW3 for obvious reasons, but if you decide to buy BF3, you will definitely be seeing me on the frontlines.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                      I'm listening to You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon right now.
                      I can be your roly poly little bat-faced girl any time!

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Good to hear from you Michael, did you get RO2 yet? Aside from some teething problems it's a good game.
                        sigpic

Comment

I figure this a good thread to post my return statement. I remember you michael in our good ole cod days. And everyone else this brings back memories so how's everything going anyone here into bf3 just as much as I am. I only have it for Xbox right now but if you guys are playing on pc I can get a copy for myself. I really enjoyed playing cod4 and waw with you guys. I kinda dipped off the radar when mw2 came out but looking forward to catching up.
                          "Semper paratus, Semper fidelis, Semper validus, Insquequo mortalitas."

"Incoming fire has the right of way."

"Don't die......it's not healthy."

*Ss*Hawk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse