X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ops 2?

Who is going to buy Black Ops 2?
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Re: Black Ops 2?

Not sure yet. Depends on what everyone says about it. So far im not expecting much out of it though.
    |TG| CrazySob
    sigpic
    Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Unfortunately, there won't be a TG server. There are no server rentals at all and the server files will not be distributed. The dedis we were told about this summer turn out to be all run and admined by Acti/Trey. Also, Custom games, aka something like a captain's match, are unranked p2p and not hosted on Acti's dedi servers.

Quote:
      @pcdev Great. Will there be still a Server Browser to connect to a Server or just Matchmaking?

@_Atrax Matchmaking
      https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/252083544552259584

Quote:
      @pcdev unraked custom games created in client also on your dedicated servers or p2p?

@KhamulGER Custom games are currently only p2p.
      https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/252080779969064963

Here's a write up with info on Zombie and campaign mode -

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/12/blac...de_approaches/

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
        Unfortunately, there won't be a TG server. There are no server rentals at all and the server files will not be distributed. The dedis we were told about this summer turn out to be all run and admined by Acti/Trey. Also, Custom games, aka something like a captain's match, are unranked p2p and not hosted on Acti's dedi servers.

Quote:
        @pcdev Great. Will there be still a Server Browser to connect to a Server or just Matchmaking?

@_Atrax Matchmaking
        https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/252083544552259584

Quote:
        @pcdev unraked custom games created in client also on your dedicated servers or p2p?

@KhamulGER Custom games are currently only p2p.
        https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/252080779969064963

Here's a write up with info on Zombie and campaign mode -

http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/12/blac...de_approaches/
        Wow....they totally killed the PC market for this game
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Damn, I was hoping it would have servers like the first Black Ops, I know IW killed this off in MW2, but at least Treyarch brought it back in Black Ops. This is a no go for me then.

lol @
          The emphasis on security means the team won't be releasing server files, and players won't be able to rent servers themselves. Finally, the game won't support mod tools. "As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies," the blog states.
          The old excuse we heard from DICE about modding, saying its to "technical" is very insulting to people in the modding community. It's still a heavily modified Quake 3 engine.

Comment

Well this sucks. Probably a no go for me unless there is a deal where I can get it for like 20$ or something. But I doubt it seeing how CoD games NEVER go down.
            sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Thats what I was afraid of :/

Oh well
              |TG| CrazySob
              sigpic
              Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Not sure if this is a deal breaker for me. I'll probably purchase it like the sucker I am. I've always viewed the series as sort of filling my need for a mindless run and gun even when playing on a TG server. Sure there is a way to get some team play involved around here even if it's through matchmaking.
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

2 years ago the same day it came out i when, and got it, this year ima do the same thing, and have is streaming on my forum live, can't wait

Street Fighter Online Syndicate D.C Multi-Gaming Forum
                  Xbox360, PS3, PC, Live Streaming Call Of Duty, Halo & More.
                  www.sfosfxsdc.com

Comment

After watching another live stream today I'm leaning heavily towards buying the game. Many reasons, one being I'm just another mindless willing sap ready to line their pockets. Another being the series has some addictive game play.
                    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Against my better judgement, I went and bought the deluxe edition. Hopefully I'll have a few of you to play WITH (hopefully not against).

As for the dedicated servers, at this point, I don't really care when it comes to CoD. It stopped being all that good after MW2 came out (as in the PC community gets ignored/killed off). I'm just hoping this doesn't become yet another cheaters' wet dream (aka everywhere you go ruining the game for honest folk).

Some things I've noticed that really shows this game is another "eh" in the series:

1. Fewer weapons (compare to previous titles)
                      2. Gimped dedicated servers (see above)
                      3. Again, no mod tools. (Though BO did get some quietly release a about a year back.)
                      4. $50 for the "season pass", aka Premium so you can download the 4 DLC Map Packs (yes, maps...only).
                      5. No co-op mode. I've read various reasons including: deadlines, not enough time, too difficult, community generally didn't like it/play it, etc.

Forgetting all that, I bought it since I thoroughly enjoyed the shoot-em-up action in MW2 and Black Ops to a lesser extent. And this is another "blowing off steam" title for me to play together with friends.

@ FKD,

BUY IT! *chants repeatedly* I need someone to play with to help me justify the money I just threw down on the pre-order.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I pulled the trigger :/ ...... Cant resist zombies lol.

And I need something different to battlefield at the moment
                        |TG| CrazySob
                        sigpic

Comment

Well the game looks really good..love how fluid everything is..and the weapon skins are awesome and even the gunshots sound better..

Already up to level 7 after a few hours of pubby run and gun madness with no comms and that was ll my nerves could take for last night! hahahah..

Comment

Seems like the have more game modes this time around. I'm enjoying the Hardpoint mode - keeps the action flowing around the map and is a bit unpredictable.
                            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Maybe I will pick it up. But right after I grab Assassins Creed III.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X