No announcement yet.

Black Ops 2 - The reviews are in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Black Ops 2 - The reviews are in.

Here's a round up to most all the reviews -

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/13/call...p-every-score/

Re: Black Ops 2 - The reviews are in.

I've always viewed the COD series as the McDonald's of video games - it's nasty and you regret buying and eating but you always come back for more. I was playing some MP at 1:30 AM and feels like solid fun. If you want to zone out and just shoot it out or play it tactically than the game offers those options. Seems on the MP they mixed it up a little from the previous titles and I like the near distance future setting and weapons tech. It'd be nice to have dedicated servers but whatever. Like the fast food analogy I'm going to clog my brain and heart with 100+ hours of re spawn after re spawn and I'll have my money's worth.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

After some convincing, CrazySob has it now and the two of us played for a few hours today. We had some fun online matched up together and playing most of the zombie maps. There were some issues though. Adding him to my friends list (and vice versa), we had to restart Steam before we showed up on each other's list in-game. We then spent over an hour trying to play with each other and failing. I constantly got the error message "Server Disconnected - Player was Kicked". Remembering from BO1 days, that usually meant I TKed 3x, though I don't remember ever killing anyone in that first 40 minutes of play by myself. Finally, we got games going together and had a blast. Crazy spent less than 1/2 the time I did ranking up to my rank (17) and generally led. We played most of the zombie maps, but I seemed to like Nuketown the most.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
        I've always viewed the COD series as the McDonald's of video games - it's nasty and you regret buying and eating but you always come back for more. I was playing some MP at 1:30 AM and feels like solid fun. If you want to zone out and just shoot it out or play it tactically than the game offers those options. Seems on the MP they mixed it up a little from the previous titles and I like the near distance future setting and weapons tech. It'd be nice to have dedicated servers but whatever. Like the fast food analogy I'm going to clog my brain and heart with 100+ hours of re spawn after re spawn and I'll have my money's worth.
        Love the fast food analogy in relation to COD! I'm a Battlefield fan from the beginning of the series, but COD still has this appeal I can't completely explain. Guess they've succeeded in making you feel awesome when you just got 4 kills. I'm glad they've switched up the killstreak rewards. They seem balanced better than MW2, which was the last COD title I played. Weapon sounds are good and satisfying to fire. Kinda wish they'd up the quality on the graphics beyond DX9, but it is what it is.

Comment

Lol fast food analogy is right on...
          |TG| CrazySob
          sigpic
          Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

It's actually a Happy Meal for me. I play it for the campaign and zombies. I shun the MP like I shun Sports games.

...Except for the original NFL Blitz for playstation. That's an exception.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X