Black Ops 2: Still worth playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Ops 2: Still worth playing?

Now that its been a while since BO2 has dropped, I am still debating whether to pick this game up or just go with Far Cry 3. The question isn't about how the gameplay is, because I have been craving McCallofduty, but will I have anyone to play with. I really miss runnin and gunnin with my TG brothers, are there still people that play this regularly? I wasted my money buying Medal of Honor: Warfighter, so if no one plays BO2, I won't bother getting it.
    sigpic

Re: Black Ops 2: Still worth playing?

It seems like a lot of folks took a pass on BO2. The TG BO2 STEAM group is only up to 9 members(including you). MW3's STEAM group, by this time last year, had over 100 members. If you're looking to buy it solely for multi player you may not find a lot of TG folks to run with.

Skinnyspike plays quite a bit and he reports back that he's managed to friend a few like minded players from the outside world and they will form up a squad when they can. Even with friends, there aren't rentable, administered servers. You and your party get thrown in with whoever the matchmaking system decides to stick you with.

If you want to create a custom game/playlist and have some control, it's unranked, everything is unlocked and you have quite a few settings options. It is p2p hosting and it does not migrate when the host drops. The game just ends. Other than that, it's a great way to scrim with friends if the host has a stable platform and decent bandwidth.

You can find a lot more info on the game's features by poking around some, here and on the web. Post back if you get it.

Comment

I've decided to hold off on my purchase of BO2, for now. I'll probably get it next year.
      sigpic

Comment

I have been playing here and there. Its just not the same though. Been playing more DayZ than anything though lately. Even BF3 has died out in TG it seems. We have a few players still playing a lot but not what it used to be.
        |TG| CrazySob
        sigpic
        Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

I'm really enjoying the game I'm sort of ashamed to admit. It's full of immature and bunny hopping, borderline racists but that hasn't prevented me from playing. I've always said the COD series is like fast food, it's terrible for you laden with sugar, fat and salt, but you always come back for more. When you pull up to McDonald's you always know what your going to get.

TDM and Kill Confirmed (picking up dead players dog tags) are two of the modes that gets most of my playtime. Hardpoint (hold a point) is a fun mode too.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Bo2 was the first CoD game I have bought, and playing it has proven to me why I have stayed away from CoD like games for so long. It just doesn't keep my interest, but that is just me.
            i7-3770K l Z77 l GTX 670 l 16GB PC3-12800 l 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD l 1200W AX l Win 7 baby!

www.betawerkz.com

Comment

I have a bit of a confession to make, I played CoD Bo2 with a friend one day and actually enjoyed myself. I don't know why I had a blast, I just did. But, there wasn't anything very memorable after I was done playing it. I guess it's one of those games you just pick up and play for a bit, sort of like how you eat snack food. It fills you up but there isn't anything really memorable.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I don't really care much for the game, and never have really cared for the Black Ops series. To me, the engine seems sluggish and slow compared to the Modern Warfare games. Though I've heard the campaign is good, but I haven't played it.
                sigpic

Comment

Coming from an Xbox player's view on this game. I don't enjoy the game itself but I enjoy the company that I play with. What I feel that makes this game enjoyable is when you have others to play with and just BS around together. HC Search is where you find us. It's always funny making fun of people when they fail clutch as everyone watches them ^.^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X