This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Supporting Member Reserve System Info

We'd like to make a official annoucement that the supporting member reserve kick program is operational, up and running. It seems to be working like a charm right now.

What does this mean?
    It means, if you are a supporting member, and you have your GUID in your profile here @ TG you will not have to ask a admin to kick a non-supporting member for you.

How does it basically work?
    Basically, the server will still be full at 18/20, why you ask? Well the reserve kick script needs a empty slot to work with, in order to utilize the functions necessary to work properly. These unused slots are used for a short period of time so a supporting member can gain access to the server, then the script will boot the longest non-supporting member playing, off the server.

How do input the GUID in my profile? I'll quote myself from the other SM Reserve thread.
    I've got every SM's GUID that has played on our COD4 servers, if they need it, just shoot me a PM. This system is not online yet, so lets be patient, it should be soon.

If you want to retrieve your own GUID, you'll have to open the game, and connect to a server, and then type press "shift+~" to open the expanded console, and type "Enter /pb_myguid" to retrieve it, you'll more than likely have to write this down, as I don't think you can copy from the console.

Also, you'll notice once you put in your GUID, it will not be visible to anyone, even yourself. Don't worry thats the way this is suppose to be. Every PB supported game uses GUID's, but all the other games we host also have some sort of game ID, or account system that we we're able to use. COD games never required any kind of account login, which is why we are just going solely off your GUID's for the auto-admin kick script system to work. Some people might be weary of their cd-key hashes being on public display, so they are hidden, but the server will still read them clear as day. [/quote]

If you guys find any problems, please let us know! Be sure to give PanzerHans a huge thanks as well.
    Last edited by UnDeaD; 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM. Reason: added pictures.. no it's not a GUID you can use successfully for the SM script

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Supporting member reserve system is operational

For anyone interested in the supporting member backend support, I have blogged about it here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/blogs/p...g-members-204/
    Last edited by PanzerHans; 01-06-2008, 11:37 AM.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Supporting member reserve system is operational

Originally posted by Avs
      Just to clarify as I have been having issues with the reserve system:

How long does it take for the PB Guid to replicate from a forum profile to the SM slot reservation system on COD4? Does it work immediately or does it take a day?

My profile has the Guid in it, yet when I joined at 14/18, it allowed me to play for a few minutes before kicking me, as I had "joined on a server slot" and that at 16 players the server is considered full. There is no way someone could have joined before me, so unless I was kicked for a SM, which wouldn't make sense since I have my GUID in my profile, I don't know what is going on.

Also, I am guessing a manual connect with a password doesn't work anymore.
      You as a supporting member should never have a problem when joining on the last two slots of the server. I am going to look at the logs to see what the reason could be.

Edit: I think I have found an issue with the refresh of the supporting member list. It only updates ever 24 hours. I'll go ahead and fix it asap.
      --
      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...