BO Map overheads and guides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BO Map overheads and guides

I found this website that has overhead views of all of the BO maps. Perhaps we could get some discussion going on some tactics for each map, point out and name landmarks, etc. Anyone interested?

sigpic

Re: BO Map overheads and guides

good find....let me check these out
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Fantastic find there MK!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I was looking around to find better, larger maps and stumbled upon the Black Ops Call of Duty Wiki. Here is a direct link to the section concerning maps. Click the map names to view the info for said map. Included are minimap images, birds eye view images, floor plans, tips, tricks, and trivia. Definitely worth a read.

As an aside, wasn't there a program out there that you could import maps into and using the tools that are built in, plan out strats and tactics, then save an image? If I remember correctly (with my hax befuddled mind), it was also a network type app, where several people could connect and view changes that other users of the group were making. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

sigpic

Comment

I thi it was called something like g tactic or something but not sure

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

You were close Jack. The program is called XTac, done by the guys at Tactical Coders. I've downloaded and installed the client and am goofing around with it. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any good, large and clean Black Ops maps to use with the program.

Looks like it might be something interesting for all the "serious" tactics guys around these parts.

If anyone else is interested in this, help me keep an eye out for some good maps that we can use. The higher resolution of the map images, the better it will look when imported into the program.

p.s. The download link on their website seems a bit flaky, as it only worked for me once. But, if you use the main link listed above, you can click the "Download XTAC 2.1" link. That one seems to work.

sigpic

Comment

Yep....know it was something like that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a representative from that company post in the COD4 forums??

Comment

Yeah, I seem to remember that... I was feeling lazy and didn't want to dig around for it. All hail Google!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                  Yeah, I seem to remember that... I was feeling lazy and didn't want to dig around for it. All hail Google!
                  I think I found it, but after a little search on the forum, I believe you found another program similar to GTactix.... Any way, here is the link to what I was talking about:http://www.tacticalgamer.com/call-du...tion-cod4.html

Comment

Kick butt! Thanks for the leg work Jack!

I decided to watch the video on their website and the guy shows that they already have a map pack for Black Ops!

Giggity!

So, all you guys/girls/kids that want more tactics, download GTactix and get to posting! By the way, watch the video that automatically plays on that webpage. It instructs you on how to get started.

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone else tried this out yet? Would anyone want to try and network it so that we can combine our brainpower and knock these out? 2 (or more) heads are better than one. Post up a time thats good for you, my time is just about anytime.

sigpic

Comment

Anybody?

Hello?

tap.. tap.. tap..

This thing on?

By the way, if you are attempting to install it and are having problem, I'll be happy to help. Or, if you are having trouble with the program itself, I can try to help.

sigpic

Comment

Downloading it now

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X