Spotting enemies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting enemies

OK we had some discussion in-game but does anyone definitively know how enemies are spotted red on the HUD?

Oh, and uh... "first post". :)
    Beatnik

Re: Spotting enemies

I'm gonna go with my gut instinct- they fire their weapon. That's what it appeard to be while I was playing.

Comment

yeah thats it, it doesnt track either, its only the location of the gunfire

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

This feature was added to balance out the rigs that people play on... After playing for a while you will be able to hear footsteps and grenades and shots fired and also will be able to tell where it came from... But Speakers, or low end systems could not do that... That is why red dot system is introduced...

Hearing and being able tell where that noise is coming from is still a big part of game and a nice skill to master.

Comment

With surround sound headsets it is awesome. You can hear every little movement, then you die.:icon_cool

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

To me!

But yeah, I forgot to mention that, it most certainly does NOT track the enemies. Unless they fire as they move or something IDK

Comment

i didnt know that B, though i have a decent soundcard and headphones and it does really help in S&D where stealth is a big factor

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Ok cool. I remember on the french map hearing snipers in hiding fire, but didn't think to look up to the HUD to see a spot. I was just using my headset, and usually walking right into their line of fire. :)
                Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X