How to best use teamplay in CoD2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to best use teamplay in CoD2?

Ok so taking into account that many of us haven't had the game for very long, I figure this is still a good time to get the ball rolling...

Now CoD2 obviously doesn't have a lot of BF2's teamplay-enhancing features (chain of command, enemy spotting capabilities, the ability to set waypoints, etc), but it does have some features we can take advantage of.

What are your thoughts on the best ways to organize ourselves in-game? My thoughts after the games last night would include having all of us on TS to arrange which team to be on, at least for the first couple weeks. This (while it may at first appear to be the often-cited "team stacking") will let us establish some preliminary SOPs for teamplay, and let us get to know one another, including our new BB/TPF friends. :)

It seems that a 'Captain' or 'Squad Leader' role for the team really focuses the action and gets everyone on the same page. Down the line, I'd like to see 2-4 fire teams on each team, with a few 'Sergeants' coordinating assaults/defenses for the team. Not sure how that will work without a built-in squad structure like BF2, though.

This tactic could improve our preparation for scrims, too. As I understand, we've already received a couple invites. :)

Reactions? Thoughts? Other ideas?
    Beatnik

Re: How to best use teamplay in CoD2?

We could also create an Allied and Axis sub channel on T/S and when we do split up on sides we would each have our own for tactics. This worked well with AA.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Definatly need a Allied and Axis channel in TS.

As for tactics, this will depend on which game mode we support. S&D is the easiest to create tactics for. HQ will be a bit harder, because the objective location is constantly changing. This is why I voted for only S&D mode. S&D we can create good tactics and use them more effectively. One thing we can't do is rush the attackers when we are the defenders. Defenders should definatly defend as a tactic in S&D.

Comment

Channels have been set up on T/S.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Thanks Bubba.

And Bonehead, we'll jump on the server together on the same team and try different tactics and see what works best.

Comment

Here is something we can each try on our own on any server. Find good spots to defend from on S&D. Look for spots that offer you good cover and a good view of enemy, so that you get them before they get you. Maybe take a screenshot of these good spots and post them. Also, maybe post screenshots of bad places to defend from. If you seem to always be spotted and killed in that spot, let the rest of us know where that spot is.

Comment

To revive this topic....

Since CoD2 has built-in VOIP, to me this seems the best way to have communication on a team during a round. Between rounds (and also to talk a little smack during rounds :)), TS seems ideal. It doesn't appear to me that we all need to be in separate team channels in TS. What do you guys think?

Regarding tactics, I'd say this game is great for using formations and maneuvers. Bounding overwatch and bracketing could really give a squad the upper hand when assaulting a position. Solid defensive positioning makes absolute sense when defending a headquarters or planted exposives. Knowing where your squadmates are would become second nature with the use of standard formations and maneuvers. I wonder how we could all get on the same page with this stuff as we progress....

Comment

ive played and we have good enough players that play specific roles we all know our job.....one guy will give out a game plan or direction and we all just kind of have assumed our postions....snipers are long recon and target spotters...usually me and another one will go oposite the full team to pull some defendors that way or just follow them in and cover the back side

team play is great with the guys we have playing...get that mod installed and then we can discuss some good team play
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

How about putting together some basic strategy images?

Because the 2 bomb sites are always static it is easy to put together some defense positions and attack routes. Most sites are designed to have a few decent cover spots and 2-3 players working together to complement each other should have an easy enough time coordinating and covering.

For example, I've attached one plan below for the Burgundy map defending site B. Positions 1 and 2 are the primary defenders and Position 3 is a backup. Easy to set up and should work well.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X