Communication Is The Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication Is The Key

Skill will get you nowhere unless you work with your team. The best way to work with your team is communication.

On Monday evening we had some great games. Lt.McAndy decided to lead, and he did a great job. As soon as we spawned he would say "right flank", "left flank", or "middle flank", and our ENTIRE team would follow his orders. He mixed it up, confusing the enemy, and it worked every time. It was an easy victory, and it all came down to communication. We were telling everyone enemy positions, and then flanking them.

Last night I jumped on and the first map I played was Railyard. The first 2 rounds I decided to communicate. I got everyone to move in a group. As RUssian, we walked through the hanger, and through the room and the hallway. We are now at the bottom of the building with all the stairs. I used VOIP and asked someone with a rifle to go upstairs and pick off any Germans in the building across the way. Our guys covered the entrance. But knowing that we were all bunched together like this, it would be easy for a German to walk around the other way and come up behind us. So I decided to cover the back door which we came through, and sure enough, in came a German and I got him. We won this round thanks to communication.

Second round, same thing. We executed everything the same. Unfortunatly, when I was covering the back door, I ended up in a firefight with a German. I tried to throw a grenade through the doorway, but it just hit the wall and bounced back at me. I tried to run from it, but the German saw me pass by the doorway and shot me. I was screwed either way. But our team still won that round.

Third round we went to execute the same tactic. Problem was, we all forgot that this WRM will pick at random which objective we can attack. We all headed towards B like the first 2 rounds. I stayed in the little room behind boxes to pick off any Germans coming around behind us. But then I realised, we are going for the wrong objective. By this time most of our team was dead because of our mistake. I then crouched through the Hanger, taking out one German. I then hid on top of some boxes by the hanger door. It was just Bubba and I left. So in came the communication. I saw a German run into the doorway across from me. It was too late for me to get him. But Bubba was coming in through the hanger now, so I told him exactly where the German was, and so he moved in to a position where he could kill him, and got the kill. That gained the attention of another German, but they couldn't see me, and as he walked through the hanger crouching behind boxes, I was able to get a nice headshot.

In these 4 examples, the key to winning was communication. I was going to make a suggestion the other day that we start using the TS COD2 Allies and Axis channels. But that won't do much help when the pubbies can't hear us. We need to use the VOIP in-game. If you use it, the pubbies will follow orders. This was very evident when Lt.McAndy was playing, because our ENTIRE team followed his orders. The majority of our team where pubbies.

Re: Communication Is The Key

I was great. We did exactly as planned using VOIP.It worked so well we almost blew that one map by going to the wrong flag. I have the console spamming Teamwork/VOIP as a requirement to play. The pubbies that have been on do listen and even speak up. I agree with Gonzo, as long as we continue to use VOIP and our style of play people will catch on and follow.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Your right Gonzo. Thats what teamwork is all about. Communication can be slightly more difficult in CoD2 than in BF2 because EVERYONE hears you. If you say "Contact north" it doesn't mean that the contact is north of everybody.

This makes it even more important to use effective communication. I find it helpful to use landmarks to communicate to my team where the enemy is, relative to the landmark. eg "East of objective".

Nice write-up Gonz.

Comment

I had a great time on your server working as a team. And I agree on everyting
        you guys posted.

I think it would be handy if they would have kept the overhead maps ingame. They had names on the building so everybody would know what you where talking about, so if you shoot "krautz in the hotel" the rest of the team would know where they are. Does anybody maybe know if we can get overhead maps somewhere?

Greetz LtMcAndy-TPF-
        Last edited by LtMcAndy; 01-04-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtMcAndy
          so if you shoot "krautz in the hotel" the rest of the team would know where they are.
          If you yell "krautz in the hotel" on VOIP, I'm going to be too busy laughing to follow your orders, lol

Comment

i like the idea of the mini map showing up....last night just in our 2vs2 games it was fun...we where trying to figure out what would happen to people if shot in different places.....and i absolutly think the idea of your gun randomly jumping when you are shot is great...last night i got shot while croutched and my gun was pointed directly at the ground when i pulled the trigger...i died...this a cool mod and it will help keep things TG/BB/TPF longer and alot more funner when we get a full server and such

great job admins
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I find that the ingame VOIP is pretty good regarding sound quality. But I thought that CoD2 was goona have squads and ranks like BF2, I hope the put that in in the future.

Comment

my only problem with communication is that it seems to give people these european/British accents..makeing it hard to understand them...im not sure if that can be changed.....but other than that its great...

im only kidding
                -Vulcan

Comment

I'm all about active communication on the server. TS is good for between matches - deciding which team to join and whatnot. But the in-game VOIP works fine as it is, IMO. I wish we had better-defined landmarks (other than Point A/Point B), but that'll get easier with time.

I agree that lots of VOIP in-game will attract the right kind of TG player, while keeping away the lone wolf idiots who only want to spam or rack up kills.
                  Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                    my only problem with communication is that it seems to give people these european/British accents..makeing it hard to understand them...im not sure if that can be changed.....but other than that its great...

I keep thinking I'm playing single player with Captain Price yelling at me, but then I realise its just Xink talking.

Comment

I think we'll put the weapon zoom back on. That was the #1 complaint I heard tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
                        I think we'll put the weapon zoom back on. That was the #1 complaint I heard tonight.
                        i agree. bring back the weapon zoom.
                        Long Live the 2nd BCT and 1st MIP

Comment

other than that i really like the new mod....some guys dint like it but there was a few pubbies who really liked it and are gonna keep coming back
                          -Vulcan

Comment

I know one guy was complaining, saying that realism will mess him up when playing TWL. So why was the guy playing here in the first place, and why didn't he leave?

I definatly hear a lot more compliments about the Mod than I hear complaints. For every 1 complaint I hear more than 20 compliments. Of course you'll never satisfy everyone.

I definatly find the pace of the Mod really forces people to play more tactically. You can't really run and gun, because it's usually a one hit kill. If you don't die from the first shot, you might bleed to death.

I think the things people find the coolest about the Mod are the bleeding, your sight moving when you get hit, and the gun flying from your hands if you get hit in the arm or hand.

Comment

i find my self trying to hit people in the arms or legs just so i can see the effects thru my scope...its good..has annyone figured out the bandage feature...
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...