Wolfsbane's Realism Mod and Bleeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfsbane's Realism Mod and Bleeding

Wolfsbane's Realism Mod (WRM) is the realism mod we run on the Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2 server. This mod disables many of the game "features" that give vanilla Call of Duty 2 the feel of an arcade game, as well as adds other features that enhance tactical play.

One of the interesting additions in WRM is the introduction of player bleeding. When a player is hurt, he may start to bleed, and if wounded badly enough, he could bleed out and die. To prevent bleeding out, WRM has introduced a method for bandaging oneself or a teammate. Bandaging is accomplished via Use Key Magic, as explained below.

Use Key Magic is a menu system of player options accessed by tapping the 'Use' key until the appropriate option comes up, and then pressing and holding the 'Use' key to select that menu option. This menu system does not interfere with bomb planting or defusing. The first option in the Use Key Magic menu system is for Bandaging.

Bandaging yourself or a teammate stops bleeding, but does not give back health. Use this handy feature to survive longer on the Tactical Gamer Call of Duty 2 battlefield.
    Last edited by Strag; 06-13-2006, 03:39 PM.

Re: Wolfsbane's Realism Mod and Bleeding

Do you know how to bandage a team mate? Do you have to be right close to him to do it?

Comment

Can you change the bandage time Strag?

It needs 15 seconds right now, almost as much time as it takes bleeding to stop on its own. Maybe decrease the bandage time to 10 seconds?

Comment

I agree. There are times when you are bandaging a wound only to bleed to death before you get it to stop.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yeah, you have to be standing right near a teammate to bandage him.

Let me look into the bandaging and bleeding times. I'm pretty sure I can tailor these to our preferences.

Comment

I see that I can easily change the "severity" of bleeding, so that you won't bleed out as quickly. I would need to dig some more to find where the bandaging times are assigned. Is reducing the bleeding severity a sufficient fix, or is a reduction in the actual bandaging time still needed?

FYI:

Bandaging allows a player to stop another player's or his own bleeding. Patient and healer must be within four feet of each other. After five seconds, a bandage is used and bleeding slows by 25% per second. Bleeding is guaranteed to stop at 15 seconds. If bandaging is interrupted, bleeding will continue at the reduced rate.

Comment

I'm gonna cast a vote for reduced bleeding rate then. Too many times I've tried to fix myself and I cycle past the correct magic key setting.

Comment

How true. A flesh wound kills. Slow the bleed down.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed