Room Clearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Clearing

I find it easiest to do a room/house clear using either an SMG or a pistol. Why a pistol? Because it's small and powerful at close ranges and won't be seen protruding from a doorway as easily as a rifle. Always move in with your sights up at all times, clear from the ground floor up, clear from behind the stairs first to save yourself the possiblity of being attacked from 2 angles at once. Once moving up stairs check your backside to make sure there isn'ty anyone camping there for you. Now slowly move up to the top and lean out around corners, don't hang out of the corner as you only want a quick peek of what's in the room.

If you see an enemy back up and lean once more, shoot him right below the neck as this is usually a kill shot and is easier to make than a headshot. If there are multiple enemies in the room angle yourself so that once you eliminate one you can quickly aim at and take down the other(s). Once they are dead reload and continue clearing as you did the lower levels and the room you are currently in. Remember: always stay in contact with you r team. On your initial peek if you see anything tell your team in case they kill you they will know where you are. Also inform them once you have cleared a room, floor, or house so that they know it is or is not safe to go through.

Re: Room Clearing

That's and interesting way to use the pistol, I hadn't thought about usig it in that way.

Another good room clearing technique is using frag grenades before you enter the room. Make sure you cook the grenades for a few seconds before you throw them into the room so that the enemy has less time to react and escape. The grenades in this game are quite bouncy so you are able to stand to the side of a doorway and bounce them off a doorpost or wall before you enter the room. This gives you an advantage of not having to expose yourself in the "fatal tunnel" (doorway) and you are less likey to be killed.

Comment

Good ideas. Have got to keep them in my mind when I enter a house.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Also, try to clear buildings with at least one partner whenever possible!

Comment

Yea, nades are very handy, just make absolutely certain you will make the throw and you won't wound/kill you or any teamates.

Comment

Another good tip is to have your freindly sniper watching the surrounding buildings for incoming threats
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
              Another good tip is to have your freindly sniper watching the surrounding buildings for incoming threats
              I don't know any friendly snipers. :row__523:

Comment

Could we find some maps with more indoor bombsites? I would really love to do some real room clearing like I use to do in CS:S. (Maybe a map with a bombsite in a house, not as enclosed as the radio room bombsite, in Rocket.) I find it really easy to use a SMG without zooming in, at super close ranges firing from the hip is just more efficent than lining up your sights. Also, unless you want to be sneaky, get a bunch of teammates together to throw frags into the upstairs windows.
                The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Originally posted by IRS_Agent View Post
                  Could we find some maps with more indoor bombsites? I would really love to do some real room clearing like I use to do in CS:S. (Maybe a map with a bombsite in a house, not as enclosed as the radio room bombsite, in Rocket.)
                  Sure thing.

In the meantime, Provence2 has some great CQB areas, with one bombsite inside. Depot also has an indoor bombsite. Tripoli isn't really indoors per se, but it features a ton of close quarters action. St Gatien also has an indoor bombsite.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X