Search & Destroy on TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search & Destroy on TG

I haven't much to say here as S&D is pretty straightforward... that or I'm prone to banter on and on and soon loose the topic... as I am now.

I want people to know that on the TG server, we have SIX minutes to complete the objective. Helpful information for those teams that are attacking.

Think of it from a defensive standpoint; your digging in, awaiting the attack that is bound to happen in a few moments, and you end up sitting there for well over a minute. What do you do? Change positions? Are they attacking point A when your defending point B?

I find this happens to me a lot when the attacking team is waiting, taking their time to attack, moving slowly, quietly, carefully. I find it when the timer dwindles down, and I'm dug into a nice position to defend my post, that I'm getting up and sprinting to the other post to see whats up. I soon then die, shot in the back which soon begins the downfall.

What's my point? Use the timer to your advantage! Theres no reason why you should rush in unless it's part of the plan! Sit back, communicate with your team mates, formulate a plan of attack THEN execute! Don't rush into it, planning on the fly, it WILL get you and your team wiped out.

Keep in mind though that sitting in your spawn area may get you killed aswell. Find a place nearby and plan an attack.

Feel free to add to this, or correct me. :row__642:
    -

Re: Search & Destroy on TG

Yeah you're correct Clodhopper. I think I'm going to start asking people to wait near the spawn point untill we have a decent plan organised. Oftentimes at the start of the round people move out immediatly, even before we know which objective we are going for. This bugs me a little bit. I think that we have had enough time to get used to most of the maps so we should start coming up with some rather interesting tactics from now on.

Comment

So true. We need to slow the game and make a good plan. The timer is there for us to use. Even though the defending team has the time to dig in it still gives the attackers time to find them. Remember, time can be your friend.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Great points, Clodhopper.

The only thing I would add is that the server is (or should be, at least) running eight-minute rounds instead of six-minute rounds, so you have even more time to formulate a plan and execute it.
        Last edited by Strag; 10-04-2006, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Shows how much I pay attention to the clock eh?
          -

Comment

yeah thats a great idea just chill and take your time

Comment

I know that on CS:S the defensive team is expected to stay near the objectives with some exceptions allowed for tactical purposes (recon, forward defensive positioning, etc.). I've seen great defensive play here, but I've also seen the defensive team move toward the OpFor's spawn. Are there any rules in place that regulate how defense should be played?
              | | |

Comment

I agree with Atomic. When we defend we need to let them come to us. If I play this way sometimes the game is over before I ever fire a shot or its me against the other team because my team rushed in and got killed.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

The idea of defense in my mind is to hold certain positions and cover areas ideal to attack, but maybe having everyone defend but have one person engage the enemy fire a few shots possibly kill one of them and immediatly afterwards fall back. Any of the attacking players may follow him and our player can lead them into a trap.

Comment

Good call Stunna! Precisely the kind of exceptions I was talking about.

Good defense allows for strategic ambushing and whatnot. IMO rushing toward the offensive teams spawn, however, is not a good defensive tactic. On the other hand, there are maps that do have flak guns and what not sitting at the offensive team's spawn which do pose a real danger to the defensive team. In a situation where the D is aware that the flak cannon is manned there should be no hesitation to send a fireteam in to eliminate that threat, once eliminated that fireteam would fall back to objectives or some forward position for recon/defense.

Strategies like this make for great defensive play and great gaming experience all around.
                    | | |

Comment

We don't have rules about where players can go on the maps.

If the defensive team thinks it's wise to push toward the other team's spawn, they're free to do so. However, as kin3 said,

Originally posted by kin3
                      sometimes the game is over before I ever fire a shot or its me against the other team because my team rushed in and got killed.
                      This sort of plan may not be (and usually isn't) the best way to go when on defense, but we're not going to restrict players from doing it. Usually, after getting wiped out a couple of times when trying this plan, the defensive team figures out that it's wiser to set up good killzones around the objectives and let the attacking team wander into them.

But, if the defensive team wants to confuse the attackers by trying unorthodox things (and vice versa), they're welcome to do so. The more varied the gameplay, the better, in my opinion. The key is to do things as a team.

Comment

yeah like what i said, tempt the other team to follow a recon player into killzones, like what they did in saving private ryan to get the tiger tank to move down a certain road like that. Lets at trainings work on driving the opposing attacking team into certain killzones.

Comment

I agree that the key is teamplay.

What would you do in the situation that you were on the offensive team, trying to get a plan together while in spawn and suddenly you're rushed by the entire opfor before a plan has even been decided upon? Even more, what do you do if this happens round after round after round?

Worst case situation, I feel that planning would be abandoned and everyone would eventually run off in their own directions trying to avoid the oncoming rush to spawn.

In the best case a good offensive team would immediately call out for a defensive perimeter on their location while the SL/CO set down a plan. But this would really only help out a team that had it together enough to work together.

I suggest not restricting where you can go on a map, but perhaps when you can go there. Maybe a rule that would bar the defense from entering the offensive spawn until 45 seconds to 1 minute has passed? This would ensure that a team who wanted to plan would get the opportunity to do so, and in turn encourage teamplay.
                          | | |

Comment

yeah thats a good idea i think

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                              I suggest not restricting where you can go on a map, but perhaps when you can go there. Maybe a rule that would bar the defense from entering the offensive spawn until 45 seconds to 1 minute has passed? This would ensure that a team who wanted to plan would get the opportunity to do so, and in turn encourage teamplay.
                              In nearly one year of CoD2 at TG, I can't think of a time when this has been an issue. I think we'd be creating a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X