Cornering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornering

I got a little tip for everyone here at TG. I've noticed a few players know the technique but I think everyone here should know (especially the scrim team).

Cornering, and general body awareness.

When approaching a doorway (or end of wall, window, etc) make sure your rifle doesn't give your position away. You should be turning your body as you approach the door so your rifle is perpendicular to the wall, so then you can pop out (lean) without giving away your position, and hopefully getting the first shot in.

I've noticed alot of players (on every server I join) don't really pay much attention to their rifle and how far it sticks out in front of them, especially when up in windows trying to get a good view of things, or when entering a room rounding a corner. I recommend staying back a little further from the wall so an enemy doesn't see your rifle sticking thru it. Next thing you know your dead wondering how he saw where you were at.

If anyone wants a demonstration in-game let me know, I'll gladly show you how to corner properly.
    Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
    "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Re: Cornering

I think I know what you are talking about, but just to make sure lets pop in the server a little early tonight so I can see exactly what you mean. I think that is an important technique, especially for the subpen map we're playing tonight.

Comment

Exactly. When pieing a corner always do it from a little distance from the opening or corner as not to give your position away. The further back the more area you can see as you are pieing.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

good idea m8 i think i know what you are talking about i make efforts to fix my cornering but i loose the thought of it when it the heat of battle sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by DaNumba1Stunna View Post
          good idea m8 i think i know what you are talking about i make efforts to fix my cornering but i loose the thought of it when it the heat of battle sometimes
          Yeah I notice myself doing the same thing.

Comment

I can't tell you how many nades I've tossed into a window or doorway after seeing a rifle or a foot sticking thru the wall...LOL

Comment

can you plz read the rules about sigs and size. then fix your accordingly
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

wow that's dinky

Comment

Originally posted by [509th]ParrotHead View Post
                  wow that's dinky

Actually, your sig restrictions at the 509th forum are suprisingly big. Most forums have sig restrictions similar to TG. IMO, makes viewing threads much easier since there's less clutter to load on the page.
                  Vir-Chew-All!!

"I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

You can disable signatures from the "Edit options" tab in your User CP if you feel inclined.

Comment

Only if it helps me corner better.
                      Vir-Chew-All!!

Comment

I have my sigs disabled and my cornering isn't the best... hmmm.

One of the reasons I like the kill cam is it lets me know if I exposed my rifle, cast a shadow or picked a really dumb spot for cover. I constantly check when I'm against a corner but I usually just back up a bit extra just to feel safe that my rifle is hidden. Although, I'm sure there are plenty of other times where I'm exposing something else. I just don't know until I see my death replay.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X