Training and Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training and Tactics

We learned a hard lesson last night in our scrim with the 17th. Tactical Gamer is all about teamwork and tactics. Each of us have use these two tools in each of the games we play, but together as a team we lost sight of what we needed to do. We are still a young group of CoD2 players here with the talent to turn things around.

We have a great training tool that Strag found in the training map. We need to put our talent to work and see if we here at TG have what it takes to defend our honor.

Let's unite and come up with a training staff to get us whipped into shape for our up-coming scrims as well as a re=match with the 17th.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Training and Tactics

I'll help on this. We got whipped the other night
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

What kind of things would people like to train on? Do you think we need to do any raw "skill" practice like markmanship, grenade accuracy and weapons training? Or should we just concentrate on tactics like room clearing, suppression, tactical movement, flanking, bounding overwatch etc.

I think it would be important to make this an organised and structured event. For example an announcement could be made that next Monday Grunt will be leading a training session in fireteam movement and bounding overwatch. This would allow us to get as many people together as possible and everyone would have a general idea of what we would be doing.

Comment

I don't think it would hurt if we had a marksmanship/nade accuracy training sessions, maybe even record the scores somewhere for all who want too. Why not utilize what is available on the BHC map and keep a record of who has done what, training stats so to speak. I think that might be kinda neat.

But definitly I think we should practice tactics such as you listed Obi. Bounding overwatch would be a big help.
        Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
        "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

id gladly give some points and tips to being an effective sniper if anyone would like them. I dont consider myself a good teacher but id try
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Practicing to improve our individual skills is, in my opinion, a given. We need to have down the fundamentals of shooting and grenade tossing before we can move on to more complex things. While it makes sense for each of us to have a weapon specialization or two, we should all be comfortable with every single weapon in the game in case we're called upon to fill a needed role. We should also all be comfortable with grenade placement (both frag and smoke), and frag grenade cooking. I think we can hone these skills on the training map.

The next step, then, is to build on these individual fundamentals to create team skills. This, I think, is where we need a lot of improvement. We don't concentrate our fires all that well; we don't coordinate our fire zones all that well; we don't coordinate our use of grenades all that well; we don't coordinate our movements all that well. Yes, we ARE decent at these team skills on a fireteam (three, or maybe four people) level, but things break down when we get more than five or six teammates involved. I don't think we should feel badly about this; we simply haven't trained and practiced on that big of a scale yet.

Well hey, there's no time like the present. We have a solid cadre of CoD2 players again (and more are certainly welcome to join us), so we have the numbers to move forward with this sort of training and practice. I'm all for having a weekly practice night for large-scale team skills. Once we learn how to coordinate and communicate effectively as a full team, we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

in my older clan i was the head of the cod2 training department and i could help a little but i dont know how much because this is tr and they played normal
              but i will always like to help out even though im new

EDIT: btw strag when will you make the weekly training day and at what time i was just wondering

Comment

I think we need to prepare ahead of time for a scrim if we know the map. I believe the people we played against knew where to go and defend/attack before the game started. Lets have a place to defend and go there every time to start with. But as things evolve we adapt. War plans are usually changed just as soon as the battle starts.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah thats a good idea. For scrims we should learn what the map is ahead of time and then we should try to play it a lot. Like the training before a scrim we should do part of the training on that new training map, and then finish off training with the map we will be doing in our scrim.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X