TG vs BHC - Brunville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG vs BHC - Brunville

It's important that we are all familiar with the maps we are going to be playing on Saturday so for anyone who has been unable to play Brunville recently here are some screen shots. I have also detailed a general plan of defense which involves us splitting in to two fire teams. More on that later.

Red- Offense
    Blue- Defense

Objectives are clearly closer to the defenders so an offensive rush is not an option.

Defense of A
    I hope this isn't too complicated. Red arrows indicate the direction of enemy advance. Blue arrows indicate defensive positions. I'd recommend a Sub-machine gunner defending the south trench and riflemen/machine gunner defending easter direction. The riflemen on the east suffer from a fairly short view distance because of all the bushes and shrubbery. Using grenades against enemies in the bushes may be a very useful tactic. These riflemen do however have fairly good coverage over the NE and so can help support and spot for Fireteam 2 (FT2). We have to remain fairly spread out because there is a high probability of enemy grenades being used.

It may be advantageous to post a scout near the bunker SW of objective A (refer to map overview). The scouts job will primarily be to report on enemy activities in the southern side of the map. He can then engage the enemy or/then fall back. The scout may want to hold fire until he knows the direction the enemy is moving in so that he can warn the FT1 riflemen of approaching enemy.

Defense of B
    I've marked on the map the buildings that I think will be the most advantageous to control. The Northern buildings each have a window looking out on to the objective. It may not be necessary to occupy both of these buildings but they do provide a very good position to nade/shoot a bomb planter. The position marked with a blue X is a crater in the road. When inside this crater you are able to cover most of the road and beyond. Only a very small portion of your head is exposed so this is quite a good spot. The enemy may become (or already are) wise to this position so be careful. The Southernmost building is a good position for a sharp-shooter. The building just outside the main village to SE of objective B (refer to overview) also provides a good position for a scout or someone who wants to pick off a couple of advancing enemies. Be aware that if the enemy is allowed to advance half way up the main road he will be able to flank to the NE and move in on the objective through the houses. If this does happen I think the best reaction would be to nade the alleyway and get someone into one of the marked buildings as fast as possible.

If the enemy reaches the church he will be able to divert his attack onto A. FT1 must be able to react to this. Conversely, the church provides a good route for reinforcements from either fireteam to use.

And so concludes Defense. I have undoubtedly missed out some important points and I would appreciate other peoples input. I think it would be great to play the map on Wednesday when the server is at its capacity to gain experience as to how it plays. As for offense, I'll make another post similar to this tomorrow or on Thursday. I'd also like to organise fireteams before the match, not for any complex tactical reasons but just so we can better manage ourselves. I'll post about that later.

Here are a few of the screenshots if you are interested. (Private Album) http://www.tacticalgamer.com/photopo...&catp=carpunot
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-20-2007, 10:04 PM.

Re: TG vs BHC - Brunville

Alrighty, Defense B looks promising to me all flanks are covered and the sniper shouldn't have a hard time falling back, but i'm curious about Defense A.

From what I See, we arn't even going to bother focusing on the northern road, but I think that would be a mistake. Fireteam 1, the guys who are watching the SE and the guy who is watching the church entrance, are greatly exposed to the house in the North. The enemy could simply enter that building, which it's many window intrances and start spraying at the men outside.

I would suggest moving a guy on the cornor of the house with the "A" on it to watch the SE flank, while the other actually watching the window to deny access to that possition or the one upstairs. The 3 openings on the house with the "A" on it wouldn't prove advantages to the enemy then, because our men wouldn't be within their visual range, and if they poped out from that door, we would be able to have first dibs on them.

At the church I would suggest the guy at the far north (covering the rear)Move back closer to the building, because they could easly flank our rear by going through the building.

Maybe it was already intended this way and I couldn't tell because... the arrows kind of confuse me, I don't know if you mean for the men to be at that spot, or near that spot. I'll try to take a screen shot and show what I mean though, give me a few moments here...
    ~Bar Extraordinaire~
    ~Hero of Brunville~

The plain and simple truth is things are rarely plain and never simple.

Comment

Alrighty, below should be a map, it looks simular to "A" that Obi posted, I was just confused and wanted to see if we are on the same page, so I went into a little detail on this.

Man 1:
      This guy is watching "E" house windows, and it's been a while since I played the map, but I think the stairs can be seen leading to the 2nd story from this point as well. Watching those windows will keep the field near A clear from tacking fire.

Man 2: This man is on the side of "F" house watching the east side (or actually SE in game) He can cover the anyone trying to come over that stone wall, and also have a first shot of anyone coming out of F house.

Man 3: This soilder is watching the church "c" windows, he should be able to cover anyone trying to sneak around us through that way, pretty streight forward.

Man 4: This man is on the cornor of "D" house watching the road to our rear. It is important that he stays on the cornor, because people can come from the church yard and through that house. As long as he is on the cornor he should have first dibs on anyone poking out of the door at "D".

Man 5: There should be some crates around this possition which this man can prone and hide. His main purpose is to stay hidden incase the bomb is planted, so he can difuse quickly. Ofcourse taking out any easy targets, but not making his presense as well known as the others.

Man 6: This man serves as our forward warning of the trenches. Once contact is made he should suppress the trench while falling back to a safer possition, under no means should he stay there, it is too easy to be killed at that spot.

Man 7: This man, typically a sniper, watches the road to the north preventing anyone from going through the church or the northern buildings to hit our rear. He also serves as our rear eyes, giving any information to anyone who may have made it into the church. He should be careful if anyone does enter the church, because they would be able to come out the front door without being spotted by our other men. High risk factor for the sniper, but needed possition.

This is based on a 7 man team, hopefully we'll have more, but those 7 possitions should be filled if possible, in my opinion. Any thoughts or suggestions? I think with Obi's B plan and this A plan defense will be a success every time.

~Bar Extraordinaire~
      ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

This is an assault plan that has potential but will need to be practiced abit before we can attempt it. Please read this before trying to figure out the map, it may be a little confusing if you don't know what a few things mean. This is again based on a 7 man squad.

Possition 1:

As you see at the bottom of the screen, all soilders are lined up in a line. It's hard to tell, but where they are is actually a hill , and they can't see the field, and anyone from the field can't see them. (Man 1: is watching the eastern side flank, they can come from that possition if they rush)
        From Possition 1 our smokers (I figure we'll have 3, if more then great) will stand up and actually run to the edge where they can see the field, and throw smoke as far as possible, then fall back.
        On the map there is a line of grey blips which represents the smoke, i've tested and on average this is where smoke will land.

Possition 2:

Once the smoke has filled for 5-6 seconds, the squad will top the hill and run for their possition, which is marked, and wait. Once the smoke is clearing, each man has a teal arrow which represents where he should be watching. There are Red lines that show where an enemy can commonly be found. I expect we will stay here for a minute after any fire-fights, just to be sure we arn't ambushed. Be sure to occasionally turn and watch the rear while we wait. (Notice Man: 1 is still watching the flank.)

Possition 3: This will show the assault entrance to the trench. 1-2-3 can actually jump over the trench into the 88 possition, if done correctly. They will clear this area, and then wait for 4-7 to meet up on the other side of the trench. 4-5 will enter the trench below the bunker possition, while 6-7 will go streight ahead.

It should end up in this order: (which we will practice in game for perfection) 4-5 will enter and clear the trench, 6-7 go foward. Once the 4-5 have cleared, they will follow the path 6-7 took through the other trench side. 1-2-3 have already cleared their possition and continue to hold until the rest of the squad has regrouped.
        ----
        This was just an idea on how to assault the bunker, not a complete battle plan. Others should submit their ideas as well, i'm sure we can mix-match attacks and defenses to make a complete battle plan.

Last edited by Strag; 02-22-2007, 09:37 PM.
        ~Bar Extraordinaire~
        ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

Plenty to think about here guys. I am happy with Obi`s defense B plan and Fannon`s defense A positions are more specific, so I`m happy with those. I would imagine the opposition defense will either adopt a very similar plan for both A and B or will rush to set up strong defensive positions around houses E, F and G in Fannons first map or trench complex B in his second map. In which case we adopt Fannons smoke and clear plan. As always though, the specifics are always formed in the heat of battle and will be dynamic based on positions of enemy contacts as they are called out. The 3 C`s, Clear Concise Communication, will decide this scrimm. We must also remember that the enemy may try to tempt us to reveal our positions early on by presenting an easy target which 3 or 4 of our team may have a quick snap shot at.The enemy may sacrifice 1 player in order to get an idea of where our defense is concentrated. Then will immediately pop smoke and divert onto the opposite objective. Never reveal your position unless absolutely necessary and then always change position (even slightly) after squeezing off a few rounds and watch your flank as you have just given your position away to any number of watching or following enemies. Sometimes it pays off in the long run to let 1 enemy go by and remaining hidden then eliminating his 2 or 3 buddies bringing up the rear. Once his rear guard are down the strength and punch has gone out of their manouver.

Comment

Originally posted by seanybonn View Post
            As always though, the specifics are always formed in the heat of battle and will be dynamic based on positions of enemy contacts as they are called out. The 3 C`s, Clear Concise Communication, will decide this scrimm.
            You could not be more correct.

@Fannon

My blue arrows do not represent exact positions but instead the direction that someone must watch. I like your defense plan. It's worth mentioning that Men 3 and 4 should be available to reinforce the defense of either objective. If B comes under attack then 3 and 4 should move to engage enemies in the village.

As for your assault plan I think it is very clever. However, although it is good to secure the bunker area it is probably ill advised to place all our forces in the one trench behind the bunker. This puts us in a horrible kill zone when trying to exit the trench at A. Instead, I think we should divert some of our forces round the side of the bunker. (Move in the direction that Man 1 arrow is pointing). I'm not ruling out an attack from the trench, but if we are going to attack from that position we need to hit them from another angle also.

Comment

We have some good advise. We need to get everyone on the same page. We need to knock out a pratice and have EVERYONE THERE. Wishful thinking.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'll probably be on tonight. Probably. If anyone want to join me that would be great. We should have a chance to run around this map tomorrow during the day also.

Comment

Good stuff Guys....read and understood. I suggest Making FT leaders Obi and Fannon...Ive seen the maps and understand the strategies but you guys have put a lot of thought into it and that will pay off in the heat of battle.

Fire Team members...stay close to your leader and be ready to follow out orders upon command. lets avoid any discussion in game and act deliberately while in combat.

Looking forward to this mightily.
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It would be great if we can all get on tonight, Bubba has already passworded the server and it's ready for us. I'd greatly like to go over the assault bunker plan to see how well we can perfect it.

Also as you mentioned earlier Obi, I think we can take 1-2-3 man around towards the village part instead of the the bunker, which I can show you a great and easily covered way to get there, it will just take a little patience.

If any of you can get on anytime during the day just xfire me (danielxrxdavis) and tell me to jump on and I can show more specifically what I had in mind for some of this stuff.
                    ~Bar Extraordinaire~
                    ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

I can be on tonight after 7 or so...
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Here are some defensive plans for Commando.

In this plan there will be 2 (possible 3) men outside. One man is on the lower right on a balcony watching the archway. (can't be seen on this map). It is very hard to notice him as you come through the arch as you will see in a later picture.

The second man is behind the car and has a wide view of the courtyard. It is very difficult to pick him out if you are coming from the winery or up the ramp.

The third (possible) man sits on this roof access here and can watch the frontal entrance to B and the windows on the connected building.

---------------------------

In this position a soldier could hide behind this cabinet and ambush anyone coming from the winery courtyard. This man can also communicate and work with the bar keeper in the next map.
                        -----------------------

Coming from the winery courtyard it is difficult to detect the man standing behind the lamp and bar. This man can easily pick off anyone coming from the door and also work in conjunction with the man in the kitchen.
                        --------------------------

Coming through this archway it is really difficult to detect the man standing on the patio. Very easy to pick off those coming from the archway.
                        ---------------------

A man in this position can cover the waterway entrance into the tunnels. There is a small symbol on the wall if you can't figure out which branch-off leads to the water-way.
                        ------------------------

This man can cover the entrance to the tunnels from the winery.
                        ------------------------------

That's all we've come up with thus far, these are some more things we can look at once we get together and practice some of these positions.
                        Last edited by Bubba; 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM.
                        ~Bar Extraordinaire~
                        ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

As a side note, i'd like to thank Bubba for being our model today. Such technique, such finesse, such meaning!
                          ~Bar Extraordinaire~
                          ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

Originally posted by Fannon View Post
                            Except the smoke shouldnt block the trench, ill be watching that. :D

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                            [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                            [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

Can I suggest that someone posts the fireteam rosters?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X