CoD4 create-a-class discussion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 create-a-class discussion...

One of the great features of the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer, is the create your own class and the perks...

I made it to MASTER SERGEANT, so created my characters, still a long way to go to unlock alot of other stuff and perks, but it's a good start...

Below is my "create-a-class' and the reasons behind them. I am NOT saying this is correct, the best, or whatever... and IMO the included maps don't really properly support some of the classes, thats why I posted this, too get other ideas, agreements, and disagreements... I am not saying this is how it is... it's IMO...

My rank, and 5 hours to get there... slow i know, but it's me, I really suck, lol:

Close Quarters, my primary class:
    The MP5 with a red dot sight, and a 45 back up,
    Perk 1: I went with the bomb squad, so I can see enemy bombs, C4, and Claymores. The other options were C4 and RPG's, hell I don't have time for those, lol.)
    Perk 2: stopping power to add more UMP to the MP5 9mm round.
    Perk 3: Steady Aim to get more 9mm lead on target.
    I kinda skipped the health stuff for this class because i don't live long anyway, and the weapon powerups are more important IMO.
    Frag and smoke, smoke is under rated and under used, if teams would work together and use smoke for advancement or concealment, would be alot less dying.

Long distance, no map is really "long distance", but on the more open maps can come in handy.
    M4 carbine, no sights yet, and the trusting 45 for back up.
    Perk 1: I went with the bomb squad, same reason as above.
    Perk 2: stopping power.
    Perk 3: deep impact to add more kill for the M4.
    frag and smoke (same as above)

Machine gun, automatic fire:
    The M249 SAW, better then the M60 and steadier then the Russian variate.
    45 for back up.
    Perk 1: I went with the bomb squad, same reason as above.
    Perk 2: Juggernaut, increased health, I thought with the suppressive fire of the SAW gunner, more health might come in handy since I will be marked.
    Perk 3: Steady aim to get a little more aim out of my 3 sec burst.
    frag and smoke (same as above)

Shotgun, with a back up 45 for the really small and close, maybe indoor maps:
    W1200 is the only one i can get, the 1400 unlocks later.
    45 as a back up
    Perk 1: I went with the extra flashes due to room to room clearing.
    Perk 2: Juggernaut, increased health, because of the close combat.
    Perk 3: Steady aim to get a little more aim out of my shotgun pattern.
    frag only, nothing else aloud.

Sniper, I rarely if ever play the sniper, especially with this game and the small map sizes, but if i did:
    M21 rifle, no extra sight yet due to rank.
    45 back up for the fast close quarters save your butt move.
    Perk 1: Bomb squad because C4 and RPG really has no place with a sniper, now maybe later a claymore or two for the defensive protection.
    Perk 2: UAV Jammer, because as a sniper you do not want to be found, now when you shoot you are still seen. forget heath for the sniper, hopefully the enemy never gets close enough. Would be nice to have a rifleman assigned to you to protect you side and rear, so you don't get knifed in the back.
    Perk 3: Steady aim, what is more important for a sniper then steady aim?
    frag and a flash.

feedback, comments, agreements, disagreements? thats what this thread is about.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: CoD4 create-a-class discussion...

Just want to say Bomb Squad is almost required in S&D as a lot of people like to drop C4 on the crates they are defending (which I find funny... plant explosives on something your trying not to get blown up :P)
    -

Comment

Steady aim is for non-iron sight shooting, not too handy for a Sniper. Iron Lung is more useful.

Comment

rgr, thx...makes scense...

BTW

just played my sniper class for the first time... best game, score wise, I've had... came in third over all for the match, and 3 to 1 on kill/death ratio...

I have the jammer on and they walk right next to me, stand up and knife em, because there looking for the dots on the map, lol.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Sniper rifles seem to have horrible hit detection to me. I know a lot of people on various forums are complaining about it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they patch it. Currently the only sniper rifles worth using are the semi-auto ones because shooting rapidly will give you a better chance of beating the faulty hit detection.

Anywhozzle, screenshots of my loadouts:

For all kits I used to have all flash bangs, but ive changed it to smoke in order to help in capturing objectives more.

M16 is awesome at medium to long range, but is terrible at CQC. So i got overkill so i could bring along a shotgun. I used to have the P90 for close range until i realized how insane the auto shotgun is. Deep impact is good for the M16 because distance house to house firing sometimes requires it.

RPD kicks ass. I got the grip to lessen the recoil a bit at the expense of the explosives perk. Deep impact is a must for any LMG, and stopping power is nice to take down guys quicker. Desert eagle is nice for room clearing as well.

MP44 is the best all around gun. In real life it was designed as a cross between the k98 rifle and the mp40 sub machine gun, and I think they did a great job with that. At medium to long range you use it similar to the G3 (single, well aimed shots). At closer range, short bursts starting at the body. Since the recoil is pretty huge, your second or third shot will hit the head naturally, whereas if you start off the burst at the head youll miss most of your shots. Im going with double tap to see if it helps the somewhat slow rate of fire. Desert eagle kicks ass as well.

I hardly ever use the sniper rifle, but once it gets patched (I hope) then ill probably use this load out. Since the sniper rifles of course suck at close range, the shotgun should be good with the rifle. Claymores for obvious reasons. Looks like i havent renamed it to reflect the shotgun, so that shows how often I snipe in this game.

Comment

Here's my favorite class so far.

With the high accuracy I combined it with the stopping power and deep impact perks to do maximum damage. I feel like the single shot G3 seems to work better for me since I can never hit anyone with burst, before they kill me. I'm even decent with this weapon in close combat.

Comment

Here are my current classes and they do vary a bit as I tinker with guns and attempt to level them.

1) Assault Martyr: Concept is for short to medium range. M14 which gives me range or acts as a shotgun up close. G36 for quick switch capability for short range. Both equipped with GL's to provide for quick room clearing before I even move into a house. Martyrdom engaged so that when I do fall, I have a chance to get one or two along with me. Smoke for flags.

2) Stealth: Concept is for operating quickly and quietly behind enemy lines. The primary gun used to be the AK74 Sub Machine gun, but lack of range with a silencer was a killer. Experimenting with the M14 silenced to give me more range even at a loss of ROF. Silenced pistol, Bandolier, UAV Jammer and Dead Silence which allows me to own the sewers on Pipeline.

3) Support: Running with the M60 with a grip allowing me to move and keep effectiveness. Secondary gun is the G3 with a Red Dot to give me accuracy over distance. Steady Aim for the M60 and stun grenades to enter areas where people don't want me.

4) Sniper: This is one of the kits where I have been experimenting. I have tried most of the rifles including the barret .50 cal. Most maps don't have the range where you need a gun like this with the exceptions of Bloc and a couple points on specific maps. Recently swapped the M21 into the sniper spot because of it's great range but also quick rate of fire with little recoil. The .50 cal had NASTY recoil and was extremely loud. The M21 allows me to operate effectively and quietly. Paired up with the Desert Eagle for close range, Bandolier, Stopping power and Iron Lung. Smoke grenade to allow me to move through a battlezone if need be.

5) Secondary Assault: This is a flux position also, but currently used for a secondary assault. Very similar to the Assault Martyr, except G36C with GL and a G3 with a Red Dot for range. Deep Impact and a flash grenade to round out the kit.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I don't ditch on anyone using those two perks, because there in the game...but I really hate, (and out of tactical fairness) refuse to use Martyrdom (**** a nade when you die, what bull)... and last stand, can't stand taking someone down with a SAW at 20 yards, 50 rounds or whatever, and he falls with a handgun in his hand to get a one shot one kill.

JMO... good info thou here.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

I dont use martyrdom or last stand because id rather be better while alive than dead. But I dont have a problem with people using them all that much. Put a few more bullets into people you kill and always be ready to run away from people you kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    I dont use martyrdom or last stand because id rather be better while alive than dead. But I dont have a problem with people using them all that much. Put a few more bullets into people you kill and always be ready to run away from people you kill.
                    Last stand is great. Ive gotta a few kills with this, because they think im dead run away and then get shot in the back.

Last night i shot a guy, and he got me. We both had last stand going and it was pistols to the death. He described it as 2 old guys who fell off their rockers and where fighting
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I think an excellent Perks set-up for snipers (use whatever sniper rifle and pistol you want)

-2x Claymores for when you're sniping and you can't have an ally covering you and you can use the Claymores to cover your back
                      -Overkill so you can have a second weapon like a P90, MP5, something that can fire quickly when you're not sniping and you're moving about
                      -Extreme Conditioning or Dead Silence for running from spot to spot quickly or silently respectively
                      The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
                      ----
                      Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Here are some of my Configs:

Shotgun Attack!
                        M1014 with Red Dot
                        Stun
                        x3 Special Nades
                        Juggernaut
                        Extreme Conditioning

Run n Gun
                        P90 With Red Dot
                        Stun Nade
                        Bandoleer
                        Stopping Power
                        Steady Aim

Assault
                        G3 with Red Dot
                        Stun Grenade
                        x3 Frag
                        Stopping Power
                        Deep Impact

This is from the Steam Forums where I also post a lot:

I am lvl 45 now and after playing the game for over 24 hours now I have some thoughts on the usefullness of Perks

The Good: These Perks go well with any config
                        Stopping Power
                        Steady Aim
                        Bandoleer
                        Juggernaut
                        3x Frag
                        3x Special

The Useful: These Perks are good for specialized configs
                        Iron Lungs - Sniper
                        Extreme Conditioning - Shot Guns
                        Deep Impact - Sniper or SMG
                        Slight of Hand - LMG kits
                        RPG
                        Claymore
                        C4
                        Sonic Boom
                        Double Tap - I found that DT works well with some guns (MP5, M16 for example) and not well with others (G3, M14) I rarely if ever use this perk though, I haven't found a situation where DT gives more of an advantage then Stopping Power would for the same weapon.

The Bad: These Perks seem like a good idea but they aren't that useful
                        Martyrdom - So many people use this that now I always just run away from the person I killed as soon as they drop. It rarely nets kills,because people assume every one has Martyrdom. This slot is better off being used for Steady Aim or Deep Impact. Its been my experience that roughly 1 in 10 deaths nets a Martyrdom kill.

Last Stand - This perk seems useful but in most situations the person who killed you will continue to shoot your corpse afterwards, so if you do have last stand they will kill you before you get a shot off. Also most times the switch between last stand and living is so disorienting that even if they dont insta-kill you it takes too long to aim and fire once you reorient yourself before they realize they didnt see "You Killed X" on their screen and rake your body again. Only rarely do I killed by people on Last Stand and it only happens if they start out looking directly at me when they die. Again Deep Impact and Steady Aim are much more useful and will net you more kills than Last Stand will

Overkill - Waste of a Perk in all situations, you can just pick up a gun off the ground and you now have 2 primaries and still have Stopping Power or some more usefull perk up.
                        Eavesdrop - Only useful in clan matches even then it wont be useful if the clan doesn't use in game VOIP

Useful for Hardcore Mode
                        Dead Silence - with out mini map sound becomes your best way to find out enemy positions, being as quiet as possible = good

UAV Jammer - UAV works in Hardcore, and the team/player with it has a tremendous advantage over those who dont. If you don't appear on their UAV you have the advantage instead.

Comment

I'm glad we have a thread on this subject as I've just started to play (few rounds last night) and had questions on class creation.

1) At what point in ranking can you create a class?
                          2) As you unlock weapons where are they displayed? Is there a drop down menu?
                          3) In Perks and Inventory does it have slots (like BF2142) where you move too can equip a weapon?
                          4) How do you use the Perks? Are they key bounded?
                          5) Can you reassign the perks?
                          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                          - Check me out on The Onion
                          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                            I'm glad we have a thread on this subject as I've just started to play (few rounds last night) and had questions on class creation.

3) In Perks and Inventory does it have slots (like BF2142) where you move too can equip a weapon?
                            1) Level 4
                            2) Yep, theres a drop down menu for your weapon, sidearm, etc
                            3) Not really, you just pick a weapon from a list, a sidearm, attachments, perks
                            4) Most of them are passive, but the ones like a RPG launcher are bound to the 5,6,7 keys on your keyboard
                            5) Sure, you get 5 create a class slots and you can change every class to your liking whenever you want (except for when you're ingame)

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post

1) Not sure specifically, but fairly low level, after the first or second rank.

2) In the main menu there is a Create a Class option. You have to go and actually create a class to see the weapons. You can also do this in between map changes but only have like 20 seconds which makes it impracticable.

3) In the main menu (outside of a server) you can create your class. You pick a Primary gun, a Sidearm (a pistol, although there is a perk that lets you choose a primary here), your secondary grenade (smoke, flash, or stun), and then three perks in the three different categories. Primary weapons have attachments that you can equip after you select the gun, these are unlock through completing achievements with the specific gun. The grenade launcher attachment takes up your first perk slot though. Only one attachment can be on at a time (attachments are Silencer, Grenade Launcher, Red Dot Sight, Scope Sight, and a Grip).

4) Perks are passive, they are always active or activate by certain action. For example: the perk Juggernaut gives you more health, this is always on. The perk Martyrdom drops a grenade when you die, so this perk only happens when you die.

5) You can change perks for any class load out either out of a server or in between map changes. You cannot change kit load outs during the match.

Edit: damn you Concr3te.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X