Defensive Counterattack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Counterattack

I'd just like to share an thought i had about counterattacks.

If the attacking team goes for a bombsite, but fails and needs to retreat, would the defensive team be allowed to counterattack?

Lets take Backlot as an example. The attacking team heads to A, but are held of at the entrance and the ladder, and 50% of the team is killed. The defensive team knows axactly where all the remaining attackers are as they are retreating. Would the defensive team be able to pursue the attacking team up to a certain point (the alley for example) then fall back to A?

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato
    "Whiskey, yet again, will have my babies." -TheSkudDestroyer

Re: Defensive Counterattack

Absolutely not.

The defenders objective is to guard the bombsites. You know that the offense has to come to the one or the other of the bombsites. If they hit and retreat, they still have to come back to either the "A" or "B" bombsite to complete their objective.

Leaving the bombsite to pursue attackers is kill hunting and is not tolerated on our servers.

Comment

Defender's options are limited that way. Counterattacking is legitimate real world tactic. In fact it is the preferred method of winning the defensive battle.

Comment

Well in the real world the battlefield is not limited to 300 sq meters.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

What's this real world you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
            Well in the real world the battlefield is not limited to 300 sq meters.
            Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
            What's this real world you speak of?
            Well said guys =P

Comment

I think a good defensive counter attack would be SNIPERS, nuff said.
              If you cant see that, then why play a tactician?

Comment

I think a defensive counterattack would be possible on server 2 on certain maps at least but only if the your pushed back which is rare anyway lol people rarely retreat in this game. However I disagree with the counter attack being just snipers as in todays world they act as eyes and ears and shooters as well. So I think to be effective you may need a support class and a few assault classes to engage the enemy. A sniper can easily be flanked.
                Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

That might be true, but if your a skilled sharpshooter, not necessarily a sniper, then you would be fine off, say a G3, he can snipe you. But, its also an assault class, and the M14/M21 can both use an ACOG, so try that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindGamer View Post
                    I'd just like to share an thought i had about counterattacks.

If the attacking team goes for a bombsite, but fails and needs to retreat, would the defensive team be allowed to counterattack?

Lets take Backlot as an example. The attacking team heads to A, but are held of at the entrance and the ladder, and 50% of the team is killed. The defensive team knows axactly where all the remaining attackers are as they are retreating. Would the defensive team be able to pursue the attacking team up to a certain point (the alley for example) then fall back to A?
                    Come and play the WaW server where this is allowed. With the mod we have we are able to do this and not have a run and gun game. The team that plays as a team usually wins. And lone flankers usually die quickly. :icon_cool
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

Mmh, very true.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement