This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweaks for Blackops

You have to do some of this in your config file to make it stick. The way point icons for the bombsites were made for 80 year old men with thick coke bottle bottom lenses and are way to large on the screen. Here's what you do.... find your config_mp.cfg file (mine is located D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty black ops\players and add these lines (make sure to use wordpad):

seta waypointIconHeight "15"
    seta waypointIconWidth "15"

Use 10 or 15 and you will be good to go as they are set at 35 to begin with and IMO is way to big.

Also I made a post a couple of year ago about reducing your ping in game which will help settle down some of the lag issues. You can find the post HERE

Hope this helps some for those having lag issues.

I also found this page to be very helpful http://gamers-underground.com/action...aks-fixes.html

EDIT: Credit for this goes to jmaker
    Here's one I saw some time ago but don't see it mentioned much. I think it helps tremendously. This reduces the size of the icons of friendlies and enemies in your compass so you have a more exact location. I hate those big triangles.

Default value I believe was 18.

seta compassFriendlyHeight "9"
    seta compassFriendlyWidth "9"

seta compassPlayerHeight "9"
    seta compassPlayerWidth "9"

From mindkill's post below More Tweaks:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1606034

From Sirusblk: seta r_multithreaded_device 0
    Last edited by Mediator; 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM.
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: Tweaks for Blackops

Thanks for the link Mediator. I think something has helped a bit but I'm not 100% sure what :-) Still pretty much unplayable for me but at least it doesn't completely stop now.
    sigpic

Comment

Well it's good to know it does some good. I made the tweaks on mine too though I wasn't experiencing the same issues as many others.
      "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
      "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Yeah I'm one of the people having major issues in SP and MP with performance, despite my Q6600 and GTX 260.... I set the multithreading and multiGPU stuff already and I also found a few sys_sys things in the .cfgs and compared them to the MW2 file(s), and it appears the game was only seeing/using 1 gig of RAM. Set it to use 2 gigs and it started running quite a bit better, but still need TreyArch to make the game use more than 40% of my GPU :/.

Game seems like it'd be better than MW2 if it would run correctly, but oh well.

Comment

hey im a pc noob so I don't know how to do these tweaks and want to try but am scared i might mess something up. Is this something someone can help me with or should i just wait for the devs to fix the game? Or even if they do fix it will i still need to do these tweaks?
          here are my pc specs

Intel Core i7 860(2.8GHz)
          64 bit Quad-Core Processor
          4GB DDR3 1600 upgraded to 8 now
          ati radion hd5750

I am having lag and stuttering problems with this game but not as much as I was when it first came out but still have enough not to get shots off. But reading the post and the links I have not a clue as to what you guys are talking about.
          WWW.FULLEFFECTGAMING.COM
          sigpic
          IN ENTERTAINMENT WE TRUST!

Comment

These tweaks might also help, I know a couple have circulated around already but it's worth posting here (or even in the OP if it helps)
            In your call of duty black ops/players/config_mp.cfg:
            seta rate "25000" -Match the new server rate up from 5000
            seta snaps "30" -Up from 20, matches with rate.

Also don't know how useful these are since they seem to reset every so often but it feels like an improvement (placebo effect?):
            seta sys_configureGHz "3.00" -Or whatever your Processor's speed is.
            seta sys_sysMB "2048" -Your RAM allocation, default is 1024. I have 4 gigs.

Comment

Man when I open up the config file it sucks to read....nothing lists out by line item? anyone know how to change that? It's pretty hard to hunt and peck through all the settings to try and find what your looking for. Also black did you have to add those lines? or were they existing and you just edited?
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

ven, notepad++ is answer to your problem
                sigpic
                Programming today is race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, Universe is winning.

Comment

??? I dont get it? I am using notepad to view it, but its like three lines 4 miles long left to right
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I use Wordpad to view and edit cfg files, as it formats it correctly and doesn't add any weird symbols like notepad can. Notepad++ is a free program that you can download that replaces the Windows version called Notepad. I do not have much experience with Notepad++, but I can say that I have not heard anything bad about it.

Ven, I think either solution would work for you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                      These tweaks might also help, I know a couple have circulated around already but it's worth posting here (or even in the OP if it helps)
                      In your call of duty black ops/players/config_mp.cfg:
                      seta rate "25000" -Match the new server rate up from 5000
                      seta snaps "30" -Up from 20, matches with rate.

Also don't know how useful these are since they seem to reset every so often but it feels like an improvement (placebo effect?):
                      For this not to change you have to make the .cfg (read only )
                      You will get the pop up everytime you start that your computer has changed, i just click no and its like butter

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                        FYI I found these before I heard of them by comparing the MW2 .cfg to the BO .cfg, and in the MW2 config for my Q6600 (2.66GHZ Quad) the GHZ was a 10.something. I'm unsure as to why but it may not be as straight forward as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta Five Nine View Post
                          FYI I found these before I heard of it by comparing the MW2 .cfg to the BO .cfg, and in the MW2 config for my Q6600 (2.66GHZ Quad) the GHZ was a 10.something. I'm unsure as to why but it may not be as straight forward as that.
                          I had a feeling but 2.66 x 4 would equal 10.something right? Anyways I ran it and it didn't hurt. No harm in trying I suppose :)

Comment

Well, I think I may have fixed my black screen/freeze problem. After trying EVERY .cfg fix (except for the modded MW2 .cfg), updating drivers/DX/C++, turning off programs/services, fiddling with in-game and desktop resolutions, etc., I finally started messing with the in-game graphics settings. I turned off AA and AF in-game and did not have one black screen while playing the SP campaign. Now, all I have to do is test it out in MP. Unfortunately, I have stuff to do today and don't have time for further testing. I will try later tonight. Wish me luck!

On a side note, I didn't notice much, if any difference between having AA and AF on vs. off, except that my FPS stayed rock solid at 60.

sigpic

Comment

***update***

It would seem that turning off AA and AF did fix my problem. Now, I will start fiddling with both settings to find out at what point the problems start up again, just in case anyone needs the info in the future.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X