Unbelievable, CoD4 config crap...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable, CoD4 config crap...

Yes I am pissed, sure it's not important to probably 80% of the population, but as a left handed gamer, I am pissed...

How in the hell in this day of age of computer gaming, could Infinity Ward/Activision NOT allow the num pad keys to be programmed...as a left handed player I use the num pad keys to move and play, while the left hand handles the mouse...

such great promise, and what a stupid disappointing decision IW... :(
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Unbelievable, CoD4 config crap...

You could probably use a program that can be used to map the NumPad keys onto a regular key, which can be set as the control.
    I know there are some programs that can do this, but i don't know any off the top of my head, so if anyone else knows, this could be a solution.
    "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

How about a gamepad? I have the Ideazon Fang, which is ambidextrous, and like it a lot.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

found out if you turn off num pad...it then works... but still, damnit. ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

lol
          You gonna be playin this much Magnum?
          -

Comment

got it for both PC and 360... playing the SP campaign through both right now...

Tomorrow, Sat. Us 360 owners will be getting together for some MP action, and Sunday night together for some PC MP action.. so yes...

my belief... GRAW2 with the upcoming classic maps for my tactical shooter, and CoD4 for my run and gun adventure, lol.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Heh cool
              I wont be getting CoD4 for 360.... and speaking of which, I need to fix my account already! Bastards have me suspended because of a late fee :P
              -

Comment

Magnum, I don't see how you can play the Xbox 360 Version after playing CoD4 with a mouse and keyboard config....its crazy when you play on the PC and your superior mouse look is so accurate and easy to control, while the Gamepad and those little thumbsticks arent nearly as good for looking around and controlling FPSs. I play Counterstrike Source and Halo3 and without a doubt the controls suck horribly tho im pretty pro with a gamepad but with a mouse its like night and day...if I had a mouse for my xbox360 and played halo3 against all the gamepad weilding console weaklings i would just pwn round the clock.. just dont understand that is all...as to why you would get both when its clear that CoD4 belongs on a PC gaming rig just cause it looks better and it controls like 5 million times better.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                  Yes I am pissed, sure it's not important to probably 80% of the population, but as a left handed gamer, I am pissed...

How in the hell in this day of age of computer gaming, could Infinity Ward/Activision NOT allow the num pad keys to be programmed...as a left handed player I use the num pad keys to move and play, while the left hand handles the mouse...

such great promise, and what a stupid disappointing decision IW... :(
                  turn num lock off when you are binding your keys.
                  Problem Solved.

Also im left handed but I prefer using my right for the mouse. gives me more control when moving.

Comment

Think of it as gods way of punishing you for being left handed.
                    2 Legit 2 Quit

Comment

I'm right handed and use the numpad anyway and it was mindboggling that they disabled it. However now you found a work around and that means I can reconfgure my controls. Good job Mag :)
                      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
                        I'm right handed and use the numpad anyway and it was mindboggling that they disabled it. However now you found a work around and that means I can reconfgure my controls. Good job Mag :)
                        Why dont you just skip the middle man and play with your feet and a track ball...righty on a num-pad. Strange :madsmile:
                        Last edited by Guardianx11x; 12-11-2007, 05:34 PM.
                        Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X