Steam - Error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam - Error

I've never encountered a problem loading a game with Steam so not really sure what to do.

The game is 100% - Ready but when I attempt too play I get "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

My firewall is off. I rebooted acouple times but get the same message. All my other Steam games load up fine.

Do I need to go too "Properties" and "Delete local game content" and reinstall the game? Do I have to backup game files before I do that?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Steam - Error

you are pretty much screwd until the Steam server catches up with stuff. I usta get that all the time. Ussually it takes a day for it to recognize it. If that makes any sense.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
      you are pretty much screwd until the Steam server catches up with stuff. I usta get that all the time. Ussually it takes a day for it to recognize it. If that makes any sense.
      Thanks. I'll give it a day.
      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I'm still getting the same message and cannot play.

Any ideas? Thanks.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

go into your steam folder and delete the client.blob file, restart steam and see if that helps
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Ok, I reinstalled the game but I'm getting this message when I start to run the game:

"Run in safe mode?"

"It appears COD4 did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode?" It gives me the option of Yes No Cancel

Hitting Yes/No does not make a difference as then I get:

"Error during initialization"

"Couldn't load filesyscheck.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty is run from the correct folder."

Help :(
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
              Thanks B, forgot about checking their forums. I tried acouple of the solutions but I'm still getting the above message. I even tried selecting another language (German) and re downloading but no go.

Hmmmmm....
              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Did you try the Fonzie approach? Smack the side of your rig and say "AAaahhhyyy!" You may need to bring the computer into a mens room for this method to work properly.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                  Thanks B, forgot about checking their forums. I tried acouple of the solutions but I'm still getting the above message. I even tried selecting another language (German) and re downloading but no go.

Hmmmmm....
                  Have you tried contacting support? Sounds like you've got a major problem on your hands
                  -

Comment

I redownloaded the game and it works :)

However, I'm getting the PunkBuster message :( and can't get on the server.

I downloaded the new PunkBuster for COD4 but still no luck.

Hmmmm...getting closer
                    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

You went to http://www.evenbalance.com/ and downloaded the correct one, installed it in the pb folder and ran the executable? Normally, that's a fail-safe fix all, at least, in my experience. What's the punkbuster message you're getting?
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                        You went to http://www.evenbalance.com/ and downloaded the correct one, installed it in the pb folder and ran the executable? Normally, that's a fail-safe fix all, at least, in my experience. What's the punkbuster message you're getting?
                        Thanks, that's the one I downloaded. I did it early in the morning so maybe I did not run everything correctly. I'll try it again when I get home and make sure I have all the steps in order. I can't remember the exact verbage of the message but something to the effect that PB is not enabled and when I go to play MP no servers are listed.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                          Thanks, that's the one I downloaded. I did it early in the morning so maybe I did not run everything correctly. I'll try it again when I get home and make sure I have all the steps in order. I can't remember the exact verbage of the message but something to the effect that PB is not enabled and when I go to play MP no servers are listed.
                          Ahh!
                          Start up the multiplayer game and in options (I believe) there is a checkbox for you to click to enable punk buster, that's your problem, it's gotta be! :row__642: See you in my crosshairs soon, I hope!
                          -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X