Trouble with in Game VOIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with in Game VOIP

I bought a Logitech headset with mic tonight and I can't get the in game voice chat to work. I have Team Speak 2 working. In Windows Control Panel under Sounds and Audio Devices I can successfully test my hardware. In CoD4 under Options, then Voice Chat the indicator does not pick up sound. BUT, if I open TS2 (not even connect to anything), then the indicator in CoD4 picks up sound. When I go into a game that has voice enabled, I hit and hold my default Z key and nothing. The little speaker icon comes up while holding Z but when I speak, I don't hear anything and the icon doesn't light up. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Trouble with in Game VOIP

if you are running XP try changing your sound input from wave to direct input, found under settings->options

if in vista try running as administrator
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
      if you are running XP try changing your sound input from wave to direct input, found under settings->options

if in vista try running as administrator
      Is that under Control Panel > Speech or Sound and Audio Devices? Under Speech I only have a Text to Speech tab with an audio output option. Under S&A Devices I don't have any input options.

Comment

Originally posted by CouponClippr View Post
        Is that under Control Panel > Speech or Sound and Audio Devices? Under Speech I only have a Text to Speech tab with an audio output option. Under S&A Devices I don't have any input options.
        Voice tab in Sound and Audio Devices.

Comment

I guess I should have typed this

open TS -> settings -> options

extra point for anyone who is not guardian and can guess my background

Comment

Okay what if i have both Game and TS running but TS sounds all loud and staticy for those listening. Ive had this problem for ages.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

what I posted fixes that, had that problem in 2142

Comment

Another question. When you hold the voice chat key does the speaker icon come up, and then when the mic is sound activated, does the speaker icon light up white?

Comment

Originally posted by CouponClippr View Post
                  Another question. When you hold the voice chat key does the speaker icon come up, and then when the mic is sound activated, does the speaker icon light up white?
                  Don't use voice activated on TS. We don't want to hear you ever time you talk in game. Also if I'm on the other team I hear you calling out commands to your team (like i'm on top of the building, etc).

I don't think the mic shows up for you when in game just the other peoples.

Oh and don't use the same key for in game and TS. see above
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

In-game, currently... no icon shows up on your screen, that would signify your mic is currently activated, while you're playing on a hardcore server (which is a bit odd). If that's what you're talking about.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                      In-game, currently... no icon shows up on your screen, that would signify your mic is currently activated, while you're playing on a hardcore server (which is a bit odd). If that's what you're talking about.
                      Yes, that's what I was talking about. But if you hold default TAB, and bring up the Teams/Player list in-game, and press voice chat button, the speaker icon does appear next to your name. I wanted to know if that meant the mic was already activated, or does the icon appear and then light up once you start speaking.

Comment

when the mic is showing in the TAB... it is transmitting.... whether or not you have a signal output is a different story. You need to go on a server (voice activated, with people on it) and test it... ask someone how your signal is.
                        Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
                        "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

I just tried the mic. People were telling me they were hearing me but with static. I played with the connection cables a bit and then I don't know if anyone ever heard me again. I wasn't getting any responses, lol. Maybe a USB headset would fix that problem?

Comment

Hmm, maybe your volume is too loud?

I don't use a USB and I come out crystal clear... check your volume levels in your control panel.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                              Hmm, maybe your volume is too loud?

I don't use a USB and I come out crystal clear... check your volume levels in your control panel.
                              I guess it ended up working the rest of the night, no one complained. I'm returning my headset for a different one today though. It began to get uncomfortable after wearing them for a couple hours.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X