Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

    Then come back here and let me know what you think. Keep in mind this server will eventually have larger maps and the like. I'd be more interested in what you think about the game dynamics. (This includes telling us what you want to keep as well as what you dont like)

    Remember, this server is geared more towards tactical realism...so if that is your cup of tea...get your butt in server 1.

    We have a lot of room for modification so don't hesitate to say whatever comes to mind!



    **This will be another one of my heavily moderated threads...Idiocy will earn your post a delete and result in a mean PM that will make both you and your mother cry**


    PS: Don't say anything till you've spend some time on server 1.
    :icon20:
    Shhhh I'm being made




  • #2
    Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

    I just spent a few hours on Server 1 and we had some great games.

    I dunno if it was just me but the weapons seemed less lethal. A few others mentioned the same thing. I actually prefer not being shot in the toe and dieing. =D

    One perk that I think should be removed is Steady Aim (promotes run n gun IMO), and maybe put UAV jammer back in. But then again, i dunno if you guys turned the UAV off, cause I don't ever recall seeing one called all night, but there weren't alot of players on.

    I mentioned a few other things to Bubba, and he is looking into them.

    Other than that I think the gameplay is spot on to what you guys are aiming for.
    Vir-Chew-All!!

    "I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
    "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

      Originally posted by |SOG| Vir2L View Post
      One perk that I think should be removed is Steady Aim (promotes run n gun IMO), and maybe put UAV jammer back in. But then again, i dunno if you guys turned the UAV off, cause I don't ever recall seeing one called all night, but there weren't alot of players on.
      UAV/Air Strikes/Chopper are all removed.


      I played a few maps on server 1 tonight. My observations:

      1. The decreased sprint is definitely noticeable.
      2. If you don't choose your kit loadout relatively quickly in the beginning of the round, you won't be able to spawn until next round. An increase in kit time would be good.
      3. Weapons seem to do less damage. Either that, or health has been increased.
      4. People were questioning whether or not weapon accuracy had been changed. It seemed to be a bit harder to hit your target. But that might have been the effects of point 3 above.
      5. The mod renamed all my kits back to default. All the kits were still there, but I had to change the names back. Hope this doesn't happen every time I play the modded server and then switch back.
      6. There is almost no time after one round ends and the next begins. Maybe this is to streamline the process, but I miss being able to chat for 20 seconds about the previous game.
      7. Each time a new map loads, I get sent to desktop briefly, then a random image replaces the next map image during loading. When I switched to the unmodded server, I had the same issue.
      8. I also thought auto-assign was automatic regardless of what Team the player chose. Some games started 2 v 5 before the auto balance went into effect. Maybe auto-assign isn't on.

      EDIT: This is no longer whoever gets the first shot, gets the kill. If you're being shot, you actually have a chance to survive and fight back.


      If someone wants to delete the modded files that were installed on the computer, can you share which files can be safely removed?

      My initial impression: It's a start. For right now, I'll stick to server 2 whenever it isn't full.

      I miss my dead silence...
      Last edited by CouponClippr; 12-11-2007, 01:28 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

        Yeah, please analyze before harsh judgement.

        Certain things have been disabled, obviously.

        Abilities:

        UAV
        Airstrikes
        Choppers

        Weapons:

        P90
        MP44

        Perks:

        Last Stand
        Matyrdom
        Dead Silence
        Longer Sprint
        Double Tap
        3x Frags
        UAV Jammer
        Juggernaut
        Bomb Squad
        Overkill

        [note] Sniper should not receive any Frags, but should have claymores for default. This is how its supposed to be anyway.

        Movement Speed:


        0.70 (Default-Vanilla is 1.00)


        Right now night vision is enabled, which is meant for the night time maps, but we're holding off on those until they are 100% working properly.

        Hit indicator should also be disabled.

        Two snipers total allowed, this should be 1 per team.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

          Originally posted by CouponClippr View Post
          7. Each time a new map loads, I get sent to desktop briefly, then a random image replaces the next map image during loading. When I switched to the unmodded server, I had the same issue.

          I get the feeling that is do to the CoD4 1.3 update.
          Vir-Chew-All!!

          "I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
          "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

            Originally posted by |SOG| Vir2L View Post
            I get the feeling that is do to the CoD4 1.3 update.
            I don't think so. I've been playing the 1.3 for a few days. All these little things just started tonight when I started playing the modded server.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

              Originally posted by CouponClippr View Post
              UAV/Air Strikes/Chopper are all removed.


              I played a few maps on server 1 tonight. My observations:

              1. The decreased sprint is definitely noticeable.
              2. If you don't choose your kit loadout relatively quickly in the beginning of the round, you won't be able to spawn until next round. An increase in kit time would be good.
              3. Weapons seem to do less damage. Either that, or health has been increased.
              4. People were questioning whether or not weapon accuracy had been changed. It seemed to be a bit harder to hit your target. But that might have been the effects of point 3 above.
              5. The mod renamed all my kits back to default. All the kits were still there, but I had to change the names back. Hope this doesn't happen every time I play the modded server and then switch back.
              6. There is almost no time after one round ends and the next begins. Maybe this is to streamline the process, but I miss being able to chat for 20 seconds about the previous game.
              7. Each time a new map loads, I get sent to desktop briefly, then a random image replaces the next map image during loading. When I switched to the unmodded server, I had the same issue.

              If someone wants to delete the modded files that were installed on the computer, can you share which files can be safely removed?

              My initial impression: It's a start. For right now, I'll stick to server 2 whenever it isn't full.

              I miss my dead silence...

              The reason it renamed your kit, is because you joined the modded server, and did not close out the game before connecting back to a regular server, I'm guessing its a bug.

              So, once you join and quit a game on a modded server, make sure to close the exe out and start it back up, and make sure it does not say MOD Warfare at the top, and just the regular COD4 Modern warfare logo.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                The reason it renamed your kit, is because you joined the modded server, and did not close out the game before connecting back to a regular server, I'm guessing its a bug.

                So, once you join and quit a game on a modded server, make sure to close the exe out and start it back up, and make sure it does not say MOD Warfare at the top, and just the regular COD4 Modern warfare logo.
                I didn't quit the exe before switching back to the unmodded, so I'll try that next time. When I did switch though, the logo screen changed back to Modern Warfare as opposed to Mod Warfare (without quitting the exe).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                  Originally posted by |SOG| Vir2L View Post
                  I just spent a few hours on Server 1 and we had some great games.

                  I dunno if it was just me but the weapons seemed less lethal. A few others mentioned the same thing. I actually prefer not being shot in the toe and dieing. =D
                  Man I didn't get to play very much tonight (Connection issues?) but things are starting to roll now :row__642: Big thanks to UnDeaD for finding this mod!

                  I noticed the weapons as well... but I'd like to hear from folks on something on the matter. Were you using a supressor? If not, were you still feeling you're weapon was doing a lot less damage?

                  I noticed one thing, my G36c supressed was woefully inaccurate, yet when I removed the supressor, it seemed to do a lot better in the accuracy department. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance o kill anyone with it, heh.
                  -



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                    I was using an M4 with a Red Dot site, pretty much all night. I wasn't using the stopping power perk either, so it definitely took more rounds to take down opponents.... unless it's a headshot. I also lived longer even though I was shot a few times (most likely not lethal shots). I like that.

                    I did also notice the movement was slowed down, and I think it was just about perfect.

                    I don't mind having the UAV/Airstrikes/Heli removed.

                    @ couponclipr - I too only started noticing the wierd map loads after i installed the 1.3 patch and joined a modded server. It's possible it's a combination of the two. I dunno.
                    Vir-Chew-All!!

                    "I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
                    "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                      This mod is much MUCH better then the stock Hardcore setting. The fact that you can take a couple bullets at 100m and not instantly die is much better (especially on Countdown since running anywhere in the middle = sniped from the other spawn).

                      Weapons seemed to be very inaccurate at range. I'm not sure if this is due to the hit indicator being removed, which makes you think you missed. My SAW was not killing at roof to roof in Ambush.

                      If this had a map it would be much much better.

                      Also teamkills seem to be shared. When building my kit I hit the Accept button twice which caused me to spawn in and blow off my teammates head (Sorry Rambo). Team damage should be normal.
                      Last edited by Zoopy; 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                        Zoopy, that happens even when team damage is set to normal. If for some reason you kill someone with x seconds of round start (like 2-3) you die also. I guess this is to prevent mass team kill spawn murders.
                        It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                          Originally posted by fldash View Post
                          Zoopy, that happens even when team damage is set to normal. If for some reason you kill someone with x seconds of round start (like 2-3) you die also. I guess this is to prevent mass team kill spawn murders.
                          You sure about that? I know normally it is 3 teamkills and you kill yourself and then you die on every teamkill thereafter. I recall Pablo knifing me in the first seconds of every map and not dieing because of it.

                          Now that I think of it, it wasn't shared since I killed CouponClippr on the previous map. Hmmm....

                          Fldash must be right, although the threshold is very low then.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                            I Could Not Even Get On..it Seemed To Lock Up My 'puter.. :(


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Log to server 1 and play a few games!!!

                              Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                              I Could Not Even Get On..it Seemed To Lock Up My 'puter.. :(
                              It's the "can't kill Birdie" mod, to achieve the immortality of Birdie, it blocks you from logging on, thus you cannot get killed in the game.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X