COD4 Invisible Profiles Folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 Invisible Profiles Folder

Ok, this is weird. I've got COD4 installed on my laptop and desktop. I maintain my profile on both systems, sharing by copying out to a shared external drive, then updating whatever system needs the update. I discovered the hard way that COD4 stores all user info, ranks, guns, etc. - locally.

Anyway, I use a program called Karen's Replicator (http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp) that is wicked fast to sync files and folders between 2 locations. Below is a screencap of Replicator, with one of my COD4 jobs highlighted.

I can still use both COD4 profiles, no problem, to copy files out of it, or to it. But, if I try to view that folder in Explorer, I cannot find it. I can set the main Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare folder to show hidden files, to show system files, and all I see is this:

I can hit a CMD prompt, and nothing is shown when ATTRIB command is run.

It may just be some weird Vista file protection/access problem, but I can't see the folder with User Account Control On or Off. I know at some point, I did have access to the folder, as I copied the profiles folder out of there manually the first few times, and it had to be visible when I first setup the Replicator jobs.

This isn't a major problem, I've just never encountered a file or folder so completely hidden that I can't see it no matter what I try.

Note: In case you noticed the "(x86)" tacked on the Program Files, the laptop is running Vista 64-bit.

Anyone else experience similar weirdness, either in COD4 or at any other time?

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Re: COD4 Invisible Profiles Folder

Figured it out... Turns out Vista is storing the Profiles folder here:

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\COD4\players\profiles\

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

this is also where the Screen Shot folder is
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
        this is also where the Screen Shot folder is
        Ah, you never mentioned you were on Vista. I could of solved that a long time ago, hehe.

Comment

Doh
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed