VOIP doesn't work for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP doesn't work for me

For once, the problem presented here isn't with a mic, rather I can't hear my team when they are speaking. I can see the name and speaker icon appear in the upper left, but at best I hear a random pop or crackle sound. And it's just a very brief sound, not for the duration of their speaking time. Any ideas why I can't hear my team? I can hear all sound effects and people using TeamSpeak, just not the team on VOIP.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: VOIP doesn't work for me

Have you tried fiddling with your sound settings in game?
    -F-

Comment

Yup. I double-checked the options and I believe they are correct. Not that there were many to choose from.
      |TG|Melee
      Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

You know I believe that jmaker had the exact same problem.
        You may want to PM him or perhaps he can post his process for eliminating this nuisance of yours.

Comment

I did? Maybe, but I can't recall it now. I'm using Vista now, so the sound settings were a little different than XP. Is this happening on only TG's server or all servers? I don't have a specific solution for you, except to just double check all your sound settings in Windows first, through the control panel, and then if you have a dedicated sound card, e.g. Creative, then also double check your settings in that control panel as well. Then again, check your settings in game.

Comment

there was a guy on last night i think, or maybe the night before that was asking us over and over if we could hear him, and apparently he was making changes, as after a few minutes, whatever he did worked because we could hear him perfectly...wish i could remember who it was..he was a TG guy and had to be an SM, as that was about the only way to get on the server since it has become so overwhelmingly popular of late...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X