Help the newbie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help the newbie.

I've started playing COD4 but I can't put |TG-8th| in my name or do any space. Is it possible to know how did it yourself?

|TG-8th| ShinigamiRyuk
    PSN: Leyala

Re: Help the newbie.

There is a 14 charachter limit in CoD4... so most likely you will have to shorten your name to something like |TG-8th| Shini, which is exactly 14 characters.... or just leave the TG tag off.
    Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
    "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

You also have to be a certain rank to put the '|' character in your name.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

lol... are you serious?
        Vir-Chew-All!!

"I'm blind to you.... haters! Can't touch me, war instigators!" - Collie Buddz
        "I really was about to call a whaaaaambulance! Less whining, more winning!" - Vir2L

Comment

wow..i did not know that either...! weird eh?

Comment

I just started playing Cod 4 too, and forgot to put TG in front of my name. I also can't find leaderboards for this game.
            BF2142:|TG-Irr|Robb_the2nd
            Cod 4:|TG|Rob

Comment

open up your console (shift+~) and type /name (your name here) and press enter.
              -F-

Comment

Originally posted by ikonic View Post
                open up your console (shift+~) and type /name (your name here) and press enter.
                Thank you very much it worked well when I realized it changed ingame.

|TG-8th| ShinigamiRyuk
                PSN: Leyala

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  I just started playing Cod 4 too, and forgot to put TG in front of my name. I also can't find leaderboards for this game.
                  There are no leaderboards for PC. All stats are kept on your (client) side.

Comment

Also, if the console command doesn't quite get it right, get connected to a server, pick a team and then:

Hit Esc, go to Multiplayer Options, and in there somewhere you can change it.
                    sigpic
                    Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Comment

you can do that before you join a server as well I believe... go to options, multiplayer options, then change your display name in there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X