Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do your video cards temp while just playing singleplayer.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do your video cards temp while just playing singleplayer.....

My card is usually between 48c - 52c while idle.When playing it gets up to 58c-60c.I use speedfan,but little iffy on trying to increase speed fan.Is 58-60 safe temp?Should I be worried?Running a 7600gt 256 DDR3 Drivers (91.67).Those drivers because they were the only ones that played BF2.Everything else runs smooth with them to.

I'm running almost everything to no or off some low and resolution is 1680x1050 and 16:10.I think i will try and turn background programs off to.

Any ideas or suggesstions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Canadianguy; 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM.
    P4 - 3.0 HT
    Acer 223w 22"
    XFX 7600GT 256 DDR3 AGP,ATI 650HD TV Tuner Card
    Asus - P4S800
    Kingston 2G 3200 DDR
    Western Digital 80G,Seagate 200G
    X-FI Extreme Music,Logetic X-530
    Thermaltake TR2-430w
    XP Pro

COD4 "DirtyHarry44"

Re: What do your video cards temp while just playing singleplayer.....

Yeah that sounds about right.
    If you want to manipulate the fan setting you can use a program called Rivatuner.
    My card is a bit hotter usually running around 80*C under stress and around 60*C @ idle with the stock BIOS setting.
    I don't like that so I use rivatuner to max out the fan and have the temps @ 40*C Idle and 60*C under stress.

Of course it doesn't help that I am in a small room with 1 window and I live in deep south texas where it's usally 80-100+*F outside normally.

Comment

Re: What do your video cards temp while just playing singleplayer.....

It all depends on the card. What is safe for me is not safe for you. However I used to have a 7800GTX and I believe the max safe temp is 80 deg. I would do a quick google search to confirm that is the same for the 7600 as well. Most recent nvidia cards seem to use that ceiling as the max safe temp.

Riva tuner has the ability with some cards, to set up fan speed profiles based on temperature. I have mine set up to run at 60% fan duty cycle under normal conditions, as the temps rise it kicks up to 80% and finally once I breach 60 deg it goes 100%. This is a very convineint set up and keeps things quiet when not gaming. Plus the profiles stay put even with new driver installs.

Check out www.guru3d.com for info on how to do it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X