is online games virus free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is online games virus free

my dad doesnt know i play online, he thinks its a very dangerous place to be becuase he thinks a virus can be picked up by playing online, but i dont belive him becuase 1. this is a very modern game with a very modern up-to-date computer, 2.on the computer we have 3 virus protection files (Mcafee, BT yahoo anti spy and norton spyware) so is there any chance that i can pick up a virus on online gaming?

sean#2
    IM AN EVIL SCOTSMAN AND HAMISH IS MY NAME !

Re: is online games virus free

first of all....dump all three of those and get AVG and Microsoft's defender. Alot better and they are both free. Second, it is possible to pick up a virus, be it from a downloaded map or file off the game servers. As long as you have some sort of virus protector/scanner you should be fine. I say should because stupid things happen.

and welcome to TG.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

AVG is just fine but I thought MS defender was pretty much as bad as you can get?
      Wouldn't spybot search and destroy or Ad-Aware Personal Edition, which are both free, do a much better job.

The web is not a safe place you can still get viruses from a game.
      But the server you visit would have to be a run by someone with malicious intent.
      A big red flag is the cracked servers.
      These are run first by people who circumvent the copy protection of an game.
      Who knows what steps were taken to crack this and what side effects those steps may have.

Comment

Yeah, like the others said, get rid of Norton, and try to get AVG, Ad Aware or Spybot. I have used Spybot, Ad adware and currently use AVg, they are very good and AVG does an automatic scan every day, which helps as I am very forgetful :)

Just make sure you still have your antivirus running when you play games, don't disable it to speed your PC up.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Avast! kicks the crap out of AVG.
          -F-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse