pb heartbeat problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pb heartbeat problems

i have been having this problem for over three days now and with all the searching that i have been doing and all the stuff all the forums that i have serached have told me to do, I STILL cannot play a single game that uses punkbuster!!!!

the problem is that everytime i connect that it says:

"Punkbuster Heartbeat.exe Stopped"

any help???

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: pb heartbeat problems

You do a google for it?

Looks like you need to manually update PB and then shut down all of your apps while playing.

Something about your end is getting bogged down with information and is unable to update in a timely manner.

Comment

dude already tried that....

first thing i did along with deleting everything and reinstalling everything TWICE!!! but as you can see sometimes it works and i get several hours of gaming in and then other timers it doesn't.....

i have tried it with out my firewall on (which i don't like) and i have tried it with out my virus software running (which i don't like) i have booted just the bare minimums and it hasn't worked??? any suggestions other than forming a class action lawsuit against PB for infringing on my rights to to kill digitally enhanced army people and terrorists

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Have you checked your router?

I ended up having to replace mine.

Comment

You've probably tried everything in this, but I'll post a link anyways: http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/in...howtopic=55862 (instructions in second post)

Something else to consider: When you enter the game (you don't have to enter a server), do you see in the Task Manager a program called PnkBstrB.exe running?

Do you have a software firewall running? Some examples of software firewalls would be any AV Internet Security products, BlackICE, ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, etc. If so, make sure that PnkBstrB.exe is in the "allowed" list.

Still looking though and I will post anything else I find.

***EDIT***

Found this. Follow the link in the last step.
          Last edited by Mindkill; 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM.

sigpic

Comment

well thanks for the help fellas i really do apreciate it!!!! for now it is working :) we'll see for how long though!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X