Installation errors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation errors...

So I just got the damn game, and tried to install it and Im getting two different errors. They are:

1) If I just put the disc in and it auto runs, I get a little box with a red X saying Data Error and then another box that says "Access violation at address 0054E90B in module 'CoD4.exe'. Read of address 00000018.

2) If I close that out and try running the setup manually, Windows installer cranks up and tries to go, but does nothing and I get "1628 Failed to complete installation"

Im pretty lost here and I did try googling the problems. Already tried stopping any currently running installation .exe files... but nothing is helping...

Specs (if you need more let me know):

Windows XP Home
    AMD 64 3000+
    Radeon x1950pro
    2gigs ram
    Dizlor

Re: Installation errors...

wat is the physical condition of the disc. I realize you just got it.

Comment

It looks fine to me. I just bought it from Undead so Im assuming it worked before he sent it to me..
      Dizlor

Comment

Yeah I never had any issues with installation with the disc myself, I had it installed on XP Pro 32bit. So that is strange.

Comment

I did a bit of googling on your problem Gogeta and didn't find much. The only suggestion I saw that might help was:

Try a different DVD drive. It is possible that your current drive is malfunctioning or just plain too old to read a dual layer DVD. From what I read, cod4.exe is not used when you run the game, it is only on the DVD and only used during installation.

On a kind of bright note, you can purchase a new DVD drive for about $25. Link at Newegg.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks mindkill. That was my next avenue. This is a pretty old DVD drive. I never use it to be honest. The last thing I used it for was 2142 when it came out lol, and it was kinda old then too. I guess I need a new one!
            Dizlor

Comment

Yep..one of 2 problems..disk no worky, or drive no worky...

Get ya a little lens cleaner like you use for cleaning reading glasses or some windex and clean the pooey out of it with a nice soft no-lint producing cloth and see if that helps..sometimes a tiny piece of junk in a tiny little crevice will cause problems..

It also could be that the disk was not manufactured "perfectly" flat/balanced, and that your dvd player is just "picky" about disks and the laser is not tracking perfect..

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
                On a kind of bright note, you can purchase a new DVD drive for about $25. Link at Newegg.
                I did just that. Thanks for the link man. Should be here tomorrow... i hope.
                Dizlor

Comment

Got it! Lets do this!
                  Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse