COD waw "stopped working"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD waw "stopped working"

the game seemed to install fine. When I try to launch the game though, the title screen pops up and then a cod waw stopped working box and the game is shut down. Any ideas?

running vista 32
    thanks.

Re: COD waw "stopped working"

Did you try running it as administrator?
    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Yea, so far I've tried running it as admin and reinstalling.... still no go. thanks.

Comment

Tried updating to the latest nvidia drivers. Still doesn't work. Not sure what to do now.

Comment

There is a program called "SmartClose". Try dl this and running it before you run the game. I did a post in the general section.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Turn UAC off..

Try re-installing and run the .exe on the installer as "admin" as well..

Also try the single player..I almost bet it works fine, but the multi-player will not. That seems to be a trademark event.

Good Luck..

Comment

thanks birdie, but its still a no go. Looking for that program now. Thanks for the helps guys.

Comment

well this game is just not going to play on my pc. I've tried everyone advice so far. Appreciate the help guys, if you think of anything else let me know. I guess I'm going to try to exchange this copy for another dvd and see how that goes.

Comment

Sorry you are having so much problems. I hope you get it corrected real soon. There is nothing like getting a new game and then can't get it to work, nothing worse.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                    well this game is just not going to play on my pc. I've tried everyone advice so far. Appreciate the help guys, if you think of anything else let me know. I guess I'm going to try to exchange this copy for another dvd and see how that goes.
                    You know what? This happened with my first copy of Cod4....eerily similar.
                    "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

found this MACH:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/40...-problems.html

first set of suggestions:

Go into the sound properties in control panel. Then go into the properties of the 'speakers' option, then click on the advanced tab.

Change it to: 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality).

Should do the trick.

EDIT: Nevermind, this was the beta and not the same problem as you're having, might want to try it anyways, hell it can't hurt.
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Catman1975 View Post
                        found this MACH:

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/40...-problems.html

first set of suggestions:

EDIT: Nevermind, this was the beta and not the same problem as you're having, might want to try it anyways, hell it can't hurt.
                        Now that you memtion it I remember people having problems with the game and it was caused by the sound settings. I would try looking in that direction.
                        The Old Guy
                        kin3
                        sigpic

Comment

I would, but I can't even get to the setting menus. The game just stops after the initial COD WAW title screen. I've got a new copy now, so I am going to try installing it with uac off and as an admin. Crossing fingers.

I thought maybe my drive was going bad, but I installed farcry last night and it runs fine.

Comment

well, new dvd same problem. I guess I'll be returning this... oh well.

Comment

I had a few issues with my Ulty 64 box at first, but since the full release mine only gets this maybe 1 in30 starts, and then when I restart, it is fine.

I wish you had had better luck with this title brutha man, we miss you!

Comment

Working...
                              X