CoD:WaW Single Player issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD:WaW Single Player issues?

When I run the singleplayer game, either by clicking on the icon, or click Single Player in the Multiplayer game, I get a windows error saying:

AppName: codwaw.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ~dec0aa.tmp
    ModVer: 4.90.10.2781 Offset: 00009ab9

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Error message and comp specs in the below screenshot:

Re: CoD:WaW Single Player issues?

Originally posted by pred011586 View Post
    When I run the singleplayer game, either by clicking on the icon, or click Single Player in the Multiplayer game, I get a windows error saying:

AppName: codwaw.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ~dec0aa.tmp
    ModVer: 4.90.10.2781 Offset: 00009ab9

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Error message and comp specs in the below screenshot:
    I had this problem on advice from activsion support I uninstalled a program called Noteburner which mounts a virtual cd and from then on it all works. Apparently Noteburner has emulation tools which can interfere with the copy protection on the game disc.

Comment

Activision support responded to you? :o They never got back to me. I ended up just downloading a no-CD crack to get around it, works fine, was able to get through the campaign (thought it was kind of short, but was tough). I'll keep you suggestion in mind in case I have a similar problem later! Thanks =)

Comment

Originally posted by pred011586 View Post
        Activision support responded to you? :o They never got back to me. I ended up just downloading a no-CD crack to get around it, works fine, was able to get through the campaign (thought it was kind of short, but was tough). I'll keep you suggestion in mind in case I have a similar problem later! Thanks =)

As No-Cd cracks generally get round disk protection it makes sense that this solved your problem.

Activision support were really good on this occasion (first time I have contacted them)
        Posted question, 10 minutes later recieved email requesting the output from DXdiag with detailed instructions on how to do this and how to add it to my question. I sent this straight back 10 minutes later I got an email back with a couple of suggestions one of which was to uninstall Noteburner (the other was to update my graphics drivers) Uninstalled Noteburner problem solved. All in all less than 30 minutes to resolve (this was all at about 21:30 so maybe the late evening is the best time to contact them to get results or maybe I was just lucky)

Comment

I do have Alcohol 120 installed, maybe that's what was triggering the crash. If I ever have to reinstall CoDWaW, I'll try uninstalling A120 to see if that fixes the problem for me. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X