CoD4 Character Transfer Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 Character Transfer Problem

I have a CoD4 problem. I built a new computer, and transferred my CoD4 /players folder over to it. When I try to connect multiplayer with my old profile, I don't see any available servers.

When I try with a profile created with the new install, it works fine.

I'm patched up to 1.7, but my old profile was at 1.5 (i think, it was over a year ago). I'm wondering if that may be the issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Re: CoD4 Character Transfer Problem

I'm not sure if this will help, but try deleting (make a back-up first!) the config_mp.cfg in your player profile folder. I was having a similar problem, only my game was crashing when I clicked "Join Game".

I think the location of the file is the same for Vista and XP, but am not entirely sure.
    C:\....\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\YourProfileName\config_mp .cfg

sigpic

Comment

CoD4 Character Transfer Problem

Actually this is a new problem, i just can't find how to post a forum itself, anyways i have installed COD4 in my sister's pc, and after a day of play i have made it to put a "red tiger" on my sniper, i didn't wanted to lose this this challenge so i decided to simply copy paste my profile from the pc to a flash drive, in order to load it on my own computer for when i can. Though when i loaded in my profile (from my sister's pc straight after) "punkbuster" would kick me after some mins of game, for 2 minutes.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re: CoD4 Character Transfer Problem

Did you copy just one file or the entire directory?

You will need all of the files from C:\...\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\YourPlayerName

The files you should have are:

config.cfg
        config_mp.cfg
        mpdata

Also, do you know the exact wording of the message from PB you are getting? That might also help to diagnose your problem. Updating PB might help as well.

Good luck!

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...