New nVidia driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nVidia driver

Just wanted to give everyone that uses an nVidia graphics card, a heads up. nVidia released a WHQL certified driver, version 191.07, on 10/05/09. It appears that this driver has been released for all of nVidias cards back to the 6 series (and possibly beyond, didn't check).

I benchmarked my system, after installing the drivers, with 3dMark06 and scored about 110 points lower (about a 1% decrease) than with the previous driver version. Kind of disappointed on the lower performance of the new driver, but I am hopeful that my system will be more stable now. Since the last 2 drivers that were released, I have been having an elusive BSoD problem (rare), along with video hardware errors (uncommon) reported by Vista's Problem Reports and Solutions center.

Anyway, I just wanted to let all the other "driver geeks" in TG's CoD land know about this.

Now, off to see about updated sound card and motherboard drivers... Giggity!

sigpic

Re: New nVidia driver

thanx for post, it says,

# Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):

* Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
    * Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
    * Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
    * Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
    * Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
    * Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled

u think it would improve gaming in cod 4 ?
    IM AN EVIL SCOTSMAN AND HAMISH IS MY NAME !

Comment

Re: New nVidia driver

I haven't noticed any increase in performance in CoD4. I have noticed that I no longer get a weird stutter that I was experiencing in CoD 5 though. Unfortunately, I still seem to be getting "video hardware errors" reported by Vista's "Problem Reports and Solutions" intermittently. Thinking back, I am pretty sure that I have been getting these types of errors since I installed Vista.

Now, I can't wait for Windows 7 to be released, so I can read all of the reviews. Hopefully Micorsoft isn't lying when they say Windows 7 is much more stable than Vista. Because I really would like to get off of this trainwreck of an OS.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X