Admin Shortage!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Shortage!?!

It seems to me that, recently, around mid-day, that there is a shortage of admins available on-line to help regulate server 1

Im not sure why this is, but I think that we might be due for 1 or 2 more admins to help regulate the servers. I say this in the spirit of keeping PCS play alive and many people ignore the regulars on the server (like me and focus) when we try to explain the rules and the reasoning behind them. We typically get many OMGWTFBBQ answers when we tell CT's to defend the bombsites or the T's to protect the hostages. I think people would be more inclined to listen if someone with authority tells them and, unfortunately, we normally have no authority figures on from about 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. (Eastern time)

I would like to get some answer to this problem either explaining why this shortage is happening and how to fix it or why not to fix it

|TG|StAsIs

P.S.- This is in no way an attack on the admins abilities (especially root)
    sigpic
    Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
    Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
    out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
    they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
    Murphy: So what do you think?
    Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
    *The Boondock Saints*

Re: Admin Shortage!?!

We surely dont have a shortage of ****tards on server 1 though.

Comment

exactly my point batman, i think ppl would leave or straighten up if there were admins on the server at all times (when there is ppl on of course)
      sigpic
      *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

Speaking for myself, i can't get on server until usually 6pm-ish EST. As much as i try to avoid it it, unfortunately i have a life outside of CS.

Part of the problem lately too i think, is a lot of people playing that accursed BF42!

Comment

It's BF2! How dare you mis-spell it!!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Don't speak ill of BF2!!!!

Dirt013
            Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
              Part of the problem lately too i think, is a lot of people playing that accursed BF42!
              I believe they're on BlandFailure 2 now. Makes you wonder how many people at EA passed math if 42 comes before 2 ;)

There has been a shortage of admins in the afternoon for as long as I can remember. We have temp admins, and if they go about things correctly, they can deal with the issues that arrive.

We will add more full admins if and when we feel it is appropriate, *and* we have the right people available.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I am available most evenings via AOL IM (check profile) if you have any issues on the CS servers. Supporting members have limited temp admin abilities and can deal with most situations if needed.

PM me with any questions regarding temp admin abilities, I will be happy to assist.
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

ok thx guys, i do appreciate what the admins do im just putting my thoughts out there about the topic. Thanks again

|TG|StAsIs
                  sigpic
                  *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

i mean of course, BF2. i was under the impression that it was the new Battlefield 42..or BF42 for short.

So, are BF2 and BF42 two entirely different animals? i hope so as i couldn't stand the crosshairs in BF42. Far too clunky and imprecise for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by 9 v
                      i mean of course, BF2. i was under the impression that it was the new Battlefield 42..or BF42 for short.

So, are BF2 and BF42 two entirely different animals? i hope so as i couldn't stand the crosshairs in BF42. Far too clunky and imprecise for my liking.

You mean you have not even checked it out?? Come join us 9v...come...come to the light!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Battlefield 2 is awesome. I haven't bought it yet, but I played the demo online a whole whole WHOLE lot. But, seeing as I started playing on TG the purchase has been delayed due to increased playing of CS:S. :D

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                        steve: OMG
                        steve: TOO
                        root: ****ing hell
                        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                          Battlefield 2 is awesome. I haven't bought it yet, but I played the demo online a whole whole WHOLE lot. But, seeing as I started playing on TG the purchase has been delayed due to increased playing of CS:S. :D
                          Curse you GREG please dont go on the darkside of the wretched BF2..... :icon_roll
                          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Are we done with this topic?

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement