TS Cindy sucked!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Cindy sucked!

Hello, as some of you know I live in south Louisiana, and tropical storm Cindy passed directly over my house. I haven't been playing CS:S for 1 week today, and it is driving me crazy. The power went out and somehow destroyed all the networking capabilities of my laptop that I play CS:S with. I am using my old computer to communicate with you guys at tg.com, but it can't handle CS:S, so until I repair my laptop I won't be able to play CS:S. Sorry guys, and I'll try to keep up on the forums.

Re: TS Cindy sucked!

Ok guys, After almost a month of No CSS I have come to realize that in the end i will have to dish out money to fix my comp. It was broken, and I tried every way to troubleshoot the internet problem. The solution has come to be a new motherboard. So In about 2 weeks I will be back on, and playing with you guys. Did any of you miss me?

Comment

I must have missed the 1st post. That's wierd that your laptop was damaged. Power surge I guess? Good luck with the repairs.

Comment

Oh man...

You've contacted your ISP about it I'm sure, so it'll at least cost less. I think. God I forget.

Comment

Well this is what actually happened in detail.
          First, I always used wireless LAN from my 1st story router, to my 2nd story room. I never actually connected any wire to my ethernet card so, I didnt know it was broken.
          Second, TS Cindy's eye passed over my house, and the power was out for 9 days. In that time period my wireless router was destroyed by power surge or whatever (I am guessing our tugboat Generator fried it!!).
          Third, Linksys (the router and wireless adapter company) is giving me the run around about what the problem is. They are going to send me a new router and I will send back the old one, but I can't reinstall the wireless adapter because the CD is now corrupt, and I can't get the online software because I have no internet access on my laptop. I will transfer the software later via CD-R.
          Forth, I am going to start college August 22, and I need the ethernet card fixed anyway because I will use hard line over there. So I have to mail in my laptop to get the warranty service for free.
          So it kind of sucks becasue everything takes a long time if you want it free.
          (PLAN B: use my slower POS comp and try to play CSS)

Comment

OK, I tried once again to get a fix for my laptop with a hardwire PC slot adapter. No luck, because there is an ip conflict inside the router, so I tried with my old comp to play CSS. It doesnt work. I will try and try again on server 1 and 2, but it is SOOOOOO SLOOOOW. Just an added comment I have noticed that there are many new members to TG in the last month. It is pretty crazy. Well, I hope you wish me luck I will need it.

Comment

Hiya Beth! Never seen you before, but there's always a first. ;-)

Have you tried configuring your router to allow your laptop to connect, and possibly open it up to allow your laptop's ip?

And good luck. I look forward to seeing you about soon.

Comment

I've been playing Every night since March except for the last month.

My router is >>DESTROYED<< no fix. The firmware on the router is erased.
                I tried EVERY way possible. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Owned by the word "Fried" poe.

Comment

Yep, Fried is the term too. I still have it plugged in because it is funny to watch the lights go crazy.
                    Another key sign that I knew I had a problem was when I called Linksys tech support. The conversation went something like this:
                    Me: Hello My name is Tyrus.... etc. explain problem.

Al Habash (Linksys tech guy): Try this, press and hold the reset button on your router for 30 seconds, then unplug and replug your router's power cable.

Me: ok (30 seconds later) ok I did that what now?

Al Habash: Now what lights are flashing on your router?

Me: Well the internet light is on.....

Al Habash: ok

Me: and the port 1 light is on....

Al Habash: ok

Me: ,but the power light blinks rapidly for 10 seconds , pauses on for about 2 seconds, then off for about 3 seconds, then repeats the process.

Al Habash: ok...(long pause)...ummm (shorter pause) Let me check with my supervisor please hold on.

Me: ok (at this point I knew all hope was lost)

Al Habash's supervisor Dave: Well sir, this is an unexpected problem, we will have to issue you a new router so visit www.... etc.

Me: ok

Al Habash's supervisor Dave: Thank you for calling linksys, have a nice day.

Comment

Haha I don't know if he told you his name was Al Habash or if that's just kind of downtoned racism.

Whatever it is I got a bit of a sick chuckle

Comment

It was Al(something) like al JAmar or Al hamar . No lie

Comment

Haha that's very cliche..

Comment

Well, as some of you know i'm back in full action.
                            You caN see me play on server 1 and 2 now. I put a bandaid on my comp by gettigna new router and i can play again yey!!!

Comment

well beth was glad to see u back in CS S tonight was fun gotta do that again

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X