Spring 2011 3v3 Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2011 3v3 Tournament Discussion

Post here if you have questions or comments about the upcoming tournament. Also post here if you're looking for team members or a team, or want to offer your services as a stand-in in the case of no-shows, although with this team size that shouldn't be a huge issue (as it has been in tournaments prior). Also post here in the odd case that you have a full team that doesn't know whether or not it will be able to play...

Also in this thread: map and match format suggestions!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

re: Spring 2011 3v3 Tournament Discussion

Idea's for map : Italy (Extended), Office (Extended), Gentech, Inferno, Kisomayo

That one mp with the ramp in the middle with that over look window and the cat walk in front of that. Their was also a computer room on that map. (De map)

I Believe bigger maps allow for more team work, and helps prevent less rushes thou a cramp hallway like Normal office.

Comment

re: Spring 2011 3v3 Tournament Discussion

I think you're talking about de_strata. I actually wouldn't want to play that (and other larger maps) because it takes almost the entire bomb timer to swap sites. A three-man team won't be able to effectively guard the map, especially because the Terrorists can get to B at the same time as the CTs and it's harder to capture the site from the CT side. Even our extended cs_office_unlimited_fixed and cs_italy_tactik2_tg maps are very difficult to defend with only three people. I think the stock maps, most of which aren't viable on our server normally, will be feasible because of the smaller team sizes.

(I also wouldn't want to play hostage maps, but that's more personal preference.)
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Re: Spring 2011 3v3 Tournament Discussion

I need a team! I promise to only teamkill ONE person. True story.

(I'm better on Saturdays, especially nights)
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Maps I think would be good is , de_winery , cs_italy , de_corse , cs_office , de_westcoast - all small maps that should be good for 3v3 to 5v5.
          As for the format each map should be 3 rounds and players swap from T to CT every 3 rounds so 6 rounds per map. This will work with 3 or 5 maps I think 5 maps will bee better.
          Saturday and Sunday nights are best.

Join team Plude <---:)
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

I am available for team play if someone needs me, you all know that I am not very good but I am willing to help if needed. Just let me know and I can play on pretty much any weekend and probably after 5 or 6 pm. If I know the time I can prepare for it.

Lock n Load, Saddle up, Mount up and Ride out.

Comment

Pludes lookin for 2 players to join his awsome team :row__523:
              |TG| Plude220

Comment

someone draft me!!!

Comment

I would be fine either leading, or being a team member. I'm pretty much free either day, but I prefer Saturday.

Comment

In ten years here I rarely post. I had a nice reply for this thread and it got wiped out. Stupid computer.
                    I am in the field the month of March. I want to play, but if this gets off the ground by then... and I expect it to, then too bad for me.
                    Maps should be small. 3 v 3 is going to need error free play. First team to lose a player is toast. Unless Suid on that team. Suid may only play alone and on a Tandy 2000. He must use a trackball as well.
                    Meat Drapes
                    -[OIJ]-
                    Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

Don't worry I'm using a touch screen.

Comment

I'm down for a team if anyone needs another.

Comment

If slots are still available i would like to participate. INRI

Comment

I'm looking for a team...

Comment

PM eachother! You are all looking for teams! Nubs :P

As for the set up. I was actually hoping we could use the old cal format. Play 12 rounds then tou switch sides. First to 13 wins the match.
                              :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                              |
                              |
                              .\__\
                              ...../

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement