Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, We're having some fun now, but let's bring back the traditional way.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, We're having some fun now, but let's bring back the traditional way.

It's great that we're back and having fun but I've noticed a lack in tactics, mainly in relation to following plans. I don't mean to be a party pooper but when a plan is made, follow the plan please! We should play how we used to and not treat our home like another pub.

Love, Conen.
    "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
    - Sparhawxx

Re: Okay, We're having some fun now, but let's bring back the traditional way.

And be careful, the enemy might have guns!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Might....unless you are elite or monkey and just go around knifin people
      Hello Vokerr

Comment

We've had alot of new players on the server lately it's up to us to teach them. I've noticed alot of mic chat during plan time we need to keep the chatter down when someone is making the plan and listen to it and follow it, maybe after you make the plan make everyone say "copy" to confirm they know what to do.
        |TG| Plude220

Comment

Agreed, we should be trying to teach the newer players the TG way. But to all you people that are TG regulars, I will be enforcing the SOP's and general rules with slay/kicks/bans and asking you to take off your TG tag if need be. Spread this to anyone you know that does not frequent the forums :).

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

The long freeze time seems to encourage start-of-round AFK, which has lead to a lot of botched execution of otherwise good plans.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Fill the freeze time with planning and kick players who don't follow the plan. They'll spoon realise just how unimportant potty breaks are :)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I don't even mind that people are occasionally AFK. There are a dozen things that could come up, maybe you died early in the round and went for a leak, or wanted a snack, or whatever. Occasionally you'll miss the plan, maybe for those reasons, or maybe you just weren't paying attention. That's fine. Just make sure to ask what the plan was! I really don't like seeing people running off on their own and using "I didn't hear the plan" as an excuse. We're a community that focuses on communication! Asking shouldn't be such a problem!

Comment

It's when people have died, wait for the beginning of the round, make their purchases, and then disappear for the plan--that annoys me.
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Conen. View Post
                    It's great that we're back and having fun but I've noticed a lack in tactics, mainly in relation to following plans. I don't mean to be a party pooper but when a plan is made, follow the plan please! We should play how we used to and not treat our home like another pub.

Love, Conen.
                    Couldn't of said that better Conen. From what I've seen it's more of lack of enforcement in rules here which I think where the problem lies. Most people just think TG/CS:S is a joke now, it shouldn't be like that.

Comment

Yea, I think another big thing is though: Until we can fix all the rotation code issues and other server issues like that, as well as bring back the realism mod, things will not get back to the way TG was back half a year or more ago, which worries me. We got rid of realism to attract more new people but I don't think that would hurt us, in fact I have a feeling it may help us in that goal. And the rotation is also not such a big issue in that respect because last night i was playing i saw 4 new faces stroll in while we were playing custom maps, some of those people seemed to have a good time too.
                      "Be careful guys, he's got a gun"
                      - Sparhawxx

Comment

The realsim mod and other scripts were taken off because after the big update thier was conflicts with the old mods and scripts on the server hence the constant crashing of the server after the update. It would take alot of time and new scripting to get the server close to what it used to be.
                        |TG| Plude220

Comment

The realism mod was disabled for technical reasons, like Plude said. I set up srcds on my own computer and couldn't get the mod working even with no other mods on the server, so it doesn't look very hopeful.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I honestly think the server is fine. Realism is a playstyle; just play in a TG appropriate manner and we shouldn't have many issues.
                            :icon35: Ultima |TG-PCS| :icon35:

This is where I put my ribbons.
                            |
                            |
                            .\__\
                            ...../

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement