My to do list....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My to do list....

What can I do to improve your CS experience at TG? Are new maps the priority? Are there tweaks to the server settings you'd like considered? What would make more people play on server 2?

Your thoughts, comments, etc would be appreciated.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: My to do list....

I presume another tournament would be welcomed at some point. What about a one day event?

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I would warmly welcome any sort of tournament. That would be awesome.

On the subject of server 2, I would play on there every time I got on if someone was actually playing on it. I say that anyone who knows the password (everyone on the forums SHOULD) should play on server 2. If I saw that 1 person was playing on server 2, I would go there rather than play on an almost full server 1.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
      steve: OMG
      steve: TOO
      root: ****ing hell
      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
        On the subject of server 2, I would play on there every time I got on if someone was actually playing on it. I say that anyone who knows the password (everyone on the forums SHOULD) should play on server 2. If I saw that 1 person was playing on server 2, I would go there rather than play on an almost full server 1.
        Ok but steering back towards the topic, what can I (as CS Game Officer) do to increase the number of players on server 2?

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Ok but steering back towards the topic, what can I (as CS Game Officer) do to increase the number of players on server 2?

Root
          Put all the standard maps in rotation on server 1, where people seem to like them, and then put all the new ones in rotation on server 2.

Have both servers unlocked, unless we want to have a tourney. Protected PCS is great as an idea, but noone in the PCS community is actually using it.

That means that we will need to split the admin presence....

Comment

Every time we restrict server 2, no one uses it. As soon as we make both servers public, people moan that server 2 should be private.

I'm inclined to believe that server 2 *should* be restricted, and that the challenge is for us as a community to ensure that it's used in the manner intended. How can I help achieve that?

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              Put all the standard maps in rotation on server 1, where people seem to like them, and then put all the new ones in rotation on server 2.
              Post or PM a suggested rotation for each server when you get time. I'm doing the same.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                Every time we restrict server 2, no one uses it. As soon as we make both servers public, people moan that server 2 should be private.
                And now we have about 3 months of inactivity to point at and say: "when we had it, you didn't use it!"

I'm inclined to believe that server 2 *should* be restricted, and that the challenge is for us as a community to ensure that it's used in the manner intended. How can I help achieve that?
                Is there a way to remove server 2 from the server browser?

What I'm thinking is: we remove the password, and force people into the forums for the IP address.

Comment

If only Mateo. Lets see what develops in the admin forum, and see if any good ideas arise here from the players.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                    Have more admin's in the server monitoring!
                    I can appoint more admins, but only if BOTH of these conditions are met

1) A need exists that cannot be filled by existing admins
                    2) There are supporting members that can fill the role

To put it another way, we might well need admins, but if we don't have any SM's that can do the job, we don't make someone an admin because they're the closest thing to it.

In the mean time, supporting members have temp admin status when an admin is not present, and they have a guide in the SOP forum to enable them to fulfill that role.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I will shamelessly agree with Mateo on this one.

All the normal maps attract nooblings on Server 1. We dont have em ALL on rotation, so there's that.

All the good PCS maps should go on Server 2 in rotation. Whenever someone's on server 2 there should be an admin present, this should not be subject to change either. That also would start a server 2 'spark' I believe.

Comment

Some of the valve maps are.... the technical term is a pile of crap. Thats why they aren't in rotation. de_dust will fill server 1, but not with the sort of people we want. The same goes for tides, port, assault and probably others.

Without good PCS maps in rotation on server 1, we may not retain as many potential PCS players as we might if they *are* in rotation.

I'm fully prepared to look at rotation suggestions for either server sent to me *via PM*. I do *not* want to clutter up a thread with lots of similar suggestions. In fact I'll delete any post containing a rotation suggestion :)

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                          Have more admin's in the server monitoring!
                          I'd also like to see more admins. There has been an increasing number of rushers and rule breakers on recently, but no admins in game to give them warning that this kind of behavior will not be tollerated. If it helps, most of the rushers (I've encoutnered at least) are logged on around 12:00 - 1:00pm (US West Coast Time).
                          Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
                          |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

On your to do list I believe should be getting a lot of new maps into rotation. In my opinion, I would reccomend you waste absolutly no time on polling for a map if the outstanding vote says it's good and enjoyable.

It's not like we can't take it off any time we wnat to anyway, right?

Comment

Unicorn please see my earlier post in this thread about admins. No matter how desperate we are for admins (and we're not), we won't lower the standards we currently have in place for selecting admins.

Azzman please look at my sig to see how many maps are currently on the server. Even with a number of maps being debated for removal, that still leaves us a lot of maps. Change must be managed. Adding 30 maps to the server is one thing. Putting 20 of those maps straight into rotation, because I think they're good, is another. I've made clear the process that I will use with new maps, and I've made clear the exceptions to that process.

If there are other things you would all like to see, please continue to post away.... :icon7:

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...