Chill a bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chill a bit

Today I started playing on a map on which I haven't played before and when the map began I asked several times by typing: What is the objective and all off the map. As no-one firstly replied I checked it out myself and there for crossed a boundary. I said sorry for that but then I got flamed and cursed upon big time. I think this is no way for a |TG| to rant on against new players. Chill a bit and you might type it a bit more nicely next time. We don't all know all the maps and a few pointers would have helped me out. I only received a few pointers after my little accident.
    For the guy in question: Chill a bit and don't make remarks about someones English. I'm proud of the English I know but as it is my second language I still make mistakes.

Here's my 2p, do with it what you want....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Chill a bit

This is not the correct type of behavior for members of TG. Blah Blah. TG players should respect others no matter who they are blah blah. Me saying this is not going to do much of anything, action must be taken, I see these kinds of things happening all the time. It is time for some of these people to pay IMO. I know that I have caught myself saying things that are not very nice, but I have learned to control it. People just need to go learn some manners, and lay off the Red Bull, then come back to the server

Comment

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-DuVeL
      Today I started playing on a map on which I haven't played before and when the map began I asked several times by typing: What is the objective and all off the map. As no-one firstly replied I checked it out myself and there for crossed a boundary.
      Which map, Duvel? I'm interested because it may be one of these things where the players at the time think there is a boundary, when there isn't from the PCS pov. I'm sure the dMw can get that nuance. :icon_wink

I said sorry for that but then I got flamed and cursed upon big time. I think this is no way for a |TG| to rant on against new players.
      PM me with the name(s), and I'll talk to them. Always PM an admin if you have issues with someone on the server, particularly if they wear the TG tag.

Chill a bit and you might type it a bit more nicely next time.
      Agreed.

We don't all know all the maps and a few pointers would have helped me out. I only received a few pointers after my little accident.
      Server 1 is there for just that: learning the maps, learning what we mean by PCS, and
      training. Most of the time there isn't much of an issue, but once the admins disappear, we have heard of a marked tendency towards rudeness.

I can't stress this enough, but PCS players have an obligation to teach others how we play. If they are not mature enough to handle that responsibility, I suggest they take their game to server 2.

For the guy in question: Chill a bit and don't make remarks about someones English. I'm proud of the English I know but as it is my second language I still make mistakes.

Here's my 2p, do with it what you want....
      Thanks Duvel!

Comment

As I'm a bit new to the |TG| part and don't want to make a big hassle about stuff by kicking anyone against the shins I wont give his name. I've played with him before and think he just had a bad day (happens to me from time to time aswell).
        I just wanted to point out that there is a nicer way to say that someone is out of bounds and that I was a tad disappointed by the person in question.

DuV out...
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

As I'm a bit new to the |TG| part and don't want to make a big hassle about stuff by kicking anyone against the shins I wont give his name. I've played with him before and think he just had a bad day (happens to me from time to time aswell).
          I just wanted to point out that there is a nicer way to say that someone is out of bounds and that I was a tad disappointed by the person in question.

DuV out...
          FWIW, I suffer the same sort of grief when I play under an assumed name. As Mateo said, PM an admin with any issues.

Oh and you speak English better than some of these guys ;)

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I dont think that people understand there are really no boundaries for the proper PCS player - even on the public server. I guess the only boundarie would be the openents spawn, there isnt much reason to be there. As long as a person is communicating with their team, and keeping true to the objective, there really should not be any boundaries.
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=54238- If you havent read this thread I believe you should, actually you have to, its stickyed.

Comment

Map as said in PM:
              For the rest, the thing today happend on a new map for me, I didn't quit get the name but there was a bombspot upstairs and 1 downstairs on almost the exact same location. Lots of snipertowers around it (3 I believe). The map was on around 19.30 NLtime = 18.30 UKtime.

Comment

Sounds like de_view to me

Duval you know what PCS is. You wouldn't be an admin on a TCS server if you didn't. You carry on supporting your team and putting the objective before kills. Yes you'll be corrected from time to time, with regard to the way we do things here, but I have no doubt your *intention* will be TEAM and OBJECTIVE.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Correct, I play by team and objective on all the servers I play. On publics it's more difficult but I allways stick to the objective unles the objective asks for something else (bombcarrier: make a decoy at the other bombspot (as an example)).
                  I got my brothers in to CS aswell and they only like teamplay. Fraghunting is stupid according to them, guess who teached them that....

Comment

Correct, I play by team and objective on all the servers I play. On publics it's more difficult but I allways stick to the objective unles the objective asks for something else (bombcarrier: make a decoy at the other bombspot (as an example)).
                    I got my brothers in to CS aswell and they only like teamplay. Fraghunting is stupid according to them, guess who teached them that....
                    Schweeet. Welcome to our little corner. Hope you don't have too many more issues here.

Comment

It was very much de_view. He was in the T pillbox scouting on the bomb (which was down on Alpha).

I had just died from a scout to the face from somewhere (i remember being up in the back right tower) when he shot someone from behind or.. something.

I tried showing him around the map after that and things became far more clear to him about the map.

More people should attempt to help fellow players whom are new to a map.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                        It was very much de_view. He was in the T pillbox scouting on the bomb (which was down on Alpha).

I had just died from a scout to the face from somewhere (i remember being up in the back right tower) when he shot someone from behind or.. something.

I tried showing him around the map after that and things became far more clear to him about the map.

More people should attempt to help fellow players whom are new to a map.
                        Thanks for that AzzMan. It really helped out. With a low amount of people like that even the T's could have given me a bit of a tour but they probably don't trust us CT's ;).
                        Some GG's though.

Comment

Actually I had just got on when I heard the end of it. I didn't see what happened directly but saw some of the remnants of the verbal abuse. I told most of the people to cool off and it seemed to work.

I'm sorry if I was rude to you at first Duvel. The first thing I saw was you complaining and I thought you were the one being abusive >_< Well I'm glad I wasn't hasty and my apologies if I did anything stupid although I think in the end I helped... hopefully (correct me if I'm wrong and I apologize for those TG members).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

With a tight-nit community like [TG], you have to expect a certain amount of... elitism? Not really the best word, maybe "intolerance." You get a good group of [TG] members on and some new guy joins who may actually need help, or may just be one of the 1000 idiots we've had that push the boundary constantly while complaining that he's "learning the map" or is "playing tactically." People tend you associate new players with that latter group before elevating their status.

If people are blasting you for what you are doing, you then need to explain yourself in a cool and mature manner (not that I'm saying you didn't). I usually save my ire for those who won't communicate at all.

I set my own boundaries in PCS, and they tend to follow TG PCS guidelines pretty well. I sit outside the brick wall in Compound in an area that let's me view all entrances to the back, and the door to the shed. When people tell me to pull back, I let them know that this is my spot I use to cut-down any rushes on the left side. If they don't like it, I tell them to PM root (because it's his job to be bothered by me either directly or through third parties).

It makes a lot more sense than a Terrorist sitting in that little shed way up by CT spawn......

Comment

Well put fenix.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                              steve: OMG
                              steve: TOO
                              root: ****ing hell
                              root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X